News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Interesting.

Stuff like this I really wish you could see what the design philosophy is - why is this better than PoG or BoP or whatever? What are they trying to do that hasn't been done already?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on July 03, 2016, 09:03:24 AM
Have any of you wargamer types heard any details about this one? http://compassgames.com/index.php/preorders/the-lamps-are-going-out-world-war-1.html

It is coming out in a couple of weeks, and I am intrigued.

Well, it's Tim Allen. Galaxy Quest was great, mind.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

WBC fortunately moved this very year.  Just in time.   :showoff:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

While the Lancaster Host was by no means the new hottness, at least it was close to civilization. 

Nice piece of property, though.  Will be interesting how that eventually turns out.

celedhring

I found out there's a Pathfinder CG mobile app, made by Obsidian. It plays exactly like the physical game, with an additional "random mission" game mode once you run out of campaign content. So far they have released half of the Runelords adventure path, and you can buy a season pass for €26, which I did.

I love Pathfinder but I have never been able to get a campaign going with my boardgame group, so this will work just fine. The app plays very well, actually, I think it's a great port.

It's only SP, but they have plans to release MP in the future.

Scipio

I'm eagerly awaiting my wooden box set of Secret Hitler.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 01, 2016, 02:12:39 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 01, 2016, 12:30:59 AM
Got the heads up from MMP Last Blitzkrieg is packing.

And yes, I posted wrote that to let you know I already got my copy.  :P

:blurgh:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Delirium

Gentlemen, anyone tried Liberty or Death: The American Insurrection? I am very much on the fence about COIN but I had to indulge my 1740-1815 period fetich so ordered it today.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Nothing like shoehorning contemporary COunter-INsurgency concepts into an Age of Reason conventional conflict for Meeple Nation.  Indians, and why not.

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

So Falling Sky and the Briton game is/will be no good either?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2016, 07:07:10 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2016, 12:48:19 PM

:ultra: HOW 'BOUT WATERLOO

What game is that?

Part of the "Incredible Courage" series from Grognard Simulations, Inc.  Austerlitz and Waterloo at 100m/hex.