News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on June 21, 2016, 12:16:02 AM
Wir Sind Das Volk arrived today.  Looking forward to spreading capitalism to the glorious masses.

Now you know I ain't much for Meeples, but WSDV is more fun than I was willing to give it credit for. 

Only thing I can't stand is the box cover.  Bunch of fucking EUOT Euroweenies looking at you all the goddamned time.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

CountDeMoney

Oh no, heaven forbid we buy clothes that aren't gray, brown or black.  That would compromise our cynicism.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Ed's family has to push him around on a cart on the way to Sainte-Mère-Église.

MAH CANKLES

Ed Anger

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Habbaku

Ooh, a Rick Barber map.

Do you know, he confessed to illegally burying a dead cat at Gettysburg?  Mew.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on June 29, 2016, 12:48:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2016, 06:49:11 PM
Ugh, eastern front. Boring.

:ultra: HOW 'BOUT WATERLOO

Ugh, Waterloo. Better Nappy battles than that. And no Davout counter to rub on my crotch.

CountDeMoney

One would think you would appreciate Waterloo, what with you and Nappy sharing the same gastrointestinal spontaneity.   

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2016, 01:42:41 PM
Ooh, a Rick Barber map.

Do you know, he confessed to illegally burying a dead cat at Gettysburg?  Mew.

Was his cat named General Hood?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Tamas

Have any of you wargamer types heard any details about this one? http://compassgames.com/index.php/preorders/the-lamps-are-going-out-world-war-1.html

It is coming out in a couple of weeks, and I am intrigued.