In NY, many school janitors paid more than teachers

Started by jimmy olsen, April 19, 2011, 09:25:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on May 01, 2011, 12:00:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 01, 2011, 11:38:17 AM
I appreciate that Marti sees schools as having unlimited funds and resources.

What the fuck are you talking about? You pay teachers a pittance because exactly schools have limited funds and resources.

QuoteSo, the union got janitors a sweet deal so they are paid more than teachers. But aren't teachers also unionized? Why can't they get a better/similar deal and be paid more, if it is really true that a teacher's work is worth more than a janitor's work?

Janitors and teachers can't both make more.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 30, 2011, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 29, 2011, 11:58:31 PM
Has anyone made a lame "they should be paid equally for having to deal with trash" wisecrack in this thread yet?

No, but I'll toss in a "My high school teachers didn't do jack for me, but at least the janitor kept the fucking paper towels in the bathroom filled".

I had two good teachers. Ever. Out of, what 50? That means that there's 96% bad teachers? For every one of grumbler or my mom, there are 24 pieces of shit. Fuck them. Give the janitors a raise.

I had mostly good or average teachers, with a few great ones, and only one that stands out in my mind as being terrible. Maye there were 1 or 2 other bad ones, but they weren't bad enough to leave an impression. This is in K-12, not college.

Also, the paper towel things were rarely filled at my schools. Same for toilet paper and soap dispensers. <_<
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help