News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am retiring in the fall

Started by Ed Anger, April 11, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeus

Congrats. Retiring early a.k.a. unlimited reading time sounds amazing.
To be cunning and vicious is a fairly obvious shortcut to total victory.

Camerus

Monoriu

Congrats.  I look forward to the day when I make a similar post.  Actually, I'm not going to say "I am retiring in xxx".  When it is my turn, it will be "I resigned yesterday."

CountDeMoney

DGuller

Quote from: Monoriu on April 11, 2011, 09:13:34 PM
Congrats.  I look forward to the day when I make a similar post.  Actually, I'm not going to say "I am retiring in xxx".  When it is my turn, it will be "I resigned yesterday."
Let's be realistic here.  You won't be posting that.  Your wife will post "Mono worked his last day yesterday.  Anyway, please send checks in lieu of flowers."

MadImmortalMan

Mono's wife will never post on Languish.  :P

Ever.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 11, 2011, 05:52:25 PM
The most golf(not counting putt-putt) I ever played was Access software Leaderboard on the C-64.  :P

Nice.  Might want to take a lesson or two, or else set aside vast amounts of money to cover lost golf balls.  :P

I find golf to be pretty fun.  Of course, when I go, the golf course is basically a big, grassy outdoor bar, and my shots go from "hey not bad" to "hahaha I think that one went over the trees onto the highway over there fuck it here goes another one" as the day goes on.  At least I've only wrecked one cart, and that wasn't too bad.  I have teed off in the wrong direction, along with my buddies who were with me at the time, despite wondering why the houses seemed so close and while trying to figure out where the fairway was (right behind us :face:) without using any of the little maps provided.  I can't wait until retirement.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habbaku

:cheers:  Congratulations.  Enjoy real life.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

MadImmortalMan

Thirty years from now there will be lots of threads like this. Just like we have all the threads now about people having kids. Strange to think about.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 11, 2011, 10:31:53 PM
Thirty years from now there will be lots of threads like this. Just like we have all the threads now about people having kids. Strange to think about.

13 years.  ^_^

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

40 years  :cry:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Barrister

I think I'm set for 22 years or so from now.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

If I retire now, I'll get my defined benefit payments of $22 per month. :yeah: