News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am retiring in the fall

Started by Ed Anger, April 11, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I've had a few years of doing nothing, but never the money to do whatever I want with my time. Still, gotta go with Norgy on this one. You need weekly commitments to fully appreciate all that free time. 40 hours is overkill though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2011, 01:11:53 PM
He'll get bored and "un-retire" pretty quickly.  In the words of the immortal Yoo-stain Wil-sohn, "I garon-TEE".

Or I mis-calculated my finances.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

You could always turn your vineyard into a subsistence farm and go: off-grid.  Amish Ed Anger would be amusing.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 13, 2011, 05:19:57 PM
You could always turn your vineyard into a subsistence farm and go: off-grid.  Amish Ed Anger would be amusing.

That thing makes good money. I ain't killing that. Plus I'd have to work and live like some european peasant. fuck that.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Habbaku on April 13, 2011, 01:12:42 PM
I don't see how someone with a decent amount of hobbies could get bored of retirement.  I'd just wargame and read the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, Ed's been popping out more kids than a Haitian on fertility drugs.  That is his hobby.

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 13, 2011, 05:33:00 PM
I don't see how someone with a decent amount of hobbies could get bored of retirement.  I'd just wargame and read the rest of my life.

Unfortunately, Ed's been popping out more kids than a Haitian on fertility drugs.  That is his hobby.

More kids = more free labor for his corn farm.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

That's why I was going for the Amish angle.  Niggas get BIZZY. :perv:

One of my Pennsylvania Dutch ancestors had 20 children and 89 grandchildren.  He was allegedly a farmer, but it seems like he couldn't have had the time to do any of the actual work.  Conclusion: his kids were farm slaves and he was a freakin pimp. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Knowing my luck, I'd have 10 sets of twins, and it would be like the movie Firestarter.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2011, 06:29:28 PM
Knowing my luck, I'd have 10 sets of twins, and it would be like the movie Firestarter.

Retiring next year, yeah you must have terrible luck.

Ed Anger

Quote from: sbr on April 13, 2011, 06:40:33 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 13, 2011, 06:29:28 PM

Retiring next year, yeah you must have terrible luck.

This year, and don't be bitter.

Let me enjoy my bragging thread, you fuck. :)

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

Quote from: Norgy on April 13, 2011, 01:22:36 PM

As someone who spent a year doing nothing, I guarantee you even hobbies don't seem so interesting when time is almost infinite. Scarcity is what makes us appreciate something.  :sleep:

It depends on the person. 

Ed Anger

I suck at golf.

It didn't help I was wearing a Miro Satan Bruins jersey on the course. It'll be a cold day in hell before I dress like a golf 'tard. And yes, I was hoping somebody would say something.

Richard Hakluyt

I can strongly recommend early retirement, also, there is no need to play golf  :cool: