And we're back!

Main Menu

I am retiring in the fall

Started by Ed Anger, April 11, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 16, 2011, 08:32:45 PM
Retirement in Ohio  :hmm:

I mean what can one do there? Drive one of your cars to an enormous car park, pop into the mall and buy more consumer tat..................I suppose  :hmm:

Now, the cultivation of cabbages, there is an interest that might satisfy a man of Ed's ilk  :cool:

It's cheap, its near my business interests, and my parents are nearby. I worry about them. Also, its cheap.

I'm still looking at a summer Normandy home but internet house shopping sucks. it is either a wrecked farmhouse from 1820 or something for hobbits.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

"summer home in Normandy" :rolleyes: Stop being pretentious.  You know you're going to end up in Fort Myers or somewhere like that. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2011, 09:30:58 AM
"summer home in Normandy" :rolleyes: Stop being pretentious.  You know you're going to end up in Fort Myers or somewhere like that. :showoff:

Let me be pretentious. I don't get a much chance to.

P.S. Fuck Florida. My balls will sweat too much. Plano Texas would be much more my speed. My balls will sweat in more comfort.

The Larch

Why Normandy, of all places? Do you want to reenact the D-Day landings in your backyard?

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on September 17, 2011, 10:27:33 AM
Why Normandy, of all places? Do you want to reenact the D-Day landings in your backyard?

My wife loves it.

Richard Hakluyt

I like it too, decent climate, good food and pleasant countryside. You should maybe wait to see if the Euro collapses before buying, might be some bargains a year or two down the line.

The Larch

A friend of mine rented a house there for a weekend for a trip with his family, and he told me that they had to go to the nearest Auchan and buy thick sweaters to wear them indoors. In July.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2011, 10:23:53 AM
P.S. Fuck Florida. My balls will sweat too much. Plano Texas would be much more my speed. My balls will sweat in more comfort.
We have an office in Plano, which I'm sure I will visit at some point.  I'll give you an AAR.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on September 17, 2011, 01:20:15 PM
We have an office in Plano, which I'm sure I will visit at some point.  I'll give you an AAR.

Been there. Its nice.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on September 17, 2011, 12:16:46 PM
A friend of mine rented a house there for a weekend for a trip with his family, and he told me that they had to go to the nearest Auchan and buy thick sweaters to wear them indoors. In July.

Which sounds much better than my balls sweating in the heat here.

sbr

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2011, 02:00:00 PM

Been there. Its nice.

You should meet Cal there.

Ed Anger

PDH

Don't care where you retire, but this time Lucullus is not making any deals when you die.  Instead, I am just going to work on my sybaritic excesses.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2011, 02:00:00 PM

Been there. Its nice.

I assume you are talking about west Plano.  Personally, I find it hopelessly flat, pretentious, and boring. :P  East Plano is fast becoming more interesting, though its also much lower rent.