News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I am retiring in the fall

Started by Ed Anger, April 11, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fate

Why would Plano be at all attractive? Flat suburban sprawl... oh my.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Fate on September 17, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

Old downtown Plano is developing some character, and I don't find east Plano so objectionable as far as sprawl goes... for DFW.  I'd prefer something outside the Metroplex, though.

CountDeMoney

Christ, Ed...you want to wear a cowboy hat, look at Flagstaff, AZ and some areas north.  At the foot of the Rockies, no ball sweat in the summer, nice and temperate, and plenty of winter stuff to do during that season.

PDH

Flagstaff is nice.  High enough up so that it doesn't suck in summer that's for sure.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on September 18, 2011, 08:56:40 AM
Flagstaff is nice.  High enough up so that it doesn't suck in summer that's for sure.

I love it out there, nice and green and cool, with plenty of outdoorsy shit to do;  definitely in my Top 5 on my Where To Live If I Ever Make It Big, And It's Close Enough To Hollywood To Discuss The Options On My Books list.

Ed Anger

So, I decided to get the Christmas tree and shit down from the attic in preparation for its post Halloween erection. Sadly though, my attempt to put the sting of lights away last year in an orderly fashion has failed and I have two giant balls of tangled up lights.

I am not happy. Damn Jews.

I also have a box of smashed ornaments.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

were the ornaments smashed before or after you discover the taggled lights? :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 13, 2011, 05:50:19 PM
were the ornaments smashed before or after you discover the taggled lights? :lol:

Before. I think the cat did it. Or jews.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2011, 05:52:01 PM
Quote from: HVC on October 13, 2011, 05:50:19 PM

Before. I think the cat did it. Or jews.

Jews are noted for their hatred of small pieces of fragile glass.  Minsky or Malthus probably got in your basement and had a hell of a time.

"Next year in Jerusalem!" <Smash>
and so on.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on September 18, 2011, 02:06:16 AM
Quote from: Fate on September 17, 2011, 04:14:39 PM

Old downtown Plano is developing some character, and I don't find east Plano so objectionable as far as sprawl goes... for DFW.  I'd prefer something outside the Metroplex, though.

Southlake :contract:
Bedford :contract:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

PDH

I still plan to retire to Big Sur.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

I plan on retiring to the Yukon. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

I'll retire to my tomb complex.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2011, 05:39:40 PM
So, I decided to get the Christmas tree and shit down from the attic in preparation for its post Halloween erection.

WTF. You erect the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve.  :huh:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on October 14, 2011, 01:42:57 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 13, 2011, 05:39:40 PM
So, I decided to get the Christmas tree and shit down from the attic in preparation for its post Halloween erection.

WTF. You erect the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve.  :huh:

:lol:

Most people around here do it the week after Thanksgiving.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?