News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I can no longer mock the Irish. FML

Started by Caliga, April 10, 2011, 07:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

You Americans have so much fun doing genealogy, since you find that you have relatives from all over Europe. All we can hope to prove is that we have less consanguinity a few generations back, than those peasants from the next village.

The Brain

I got high grade DNA. Non-inbred Nordic. As if my skull and intelligence didn't convince you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 10, 2011, 07:29:22 PM
Robert Harper, born in Belfast in 1717... why oh why did you have to emigrate to Philadelphia in 1727 and ultimately become my great great great great great great grandfather!? :weep:

Ok, that's it... I'm not doing any more genealogy work. :mad:

:nelson:

edit: I have a smattering of Scots-Irish mixed in with my grandma's Scottish background (Clan McAlpine representin'), but I prefer to think they were just all Scots who temporarily lived in Ireland.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Church records for my Y chromosome lineage only go back 10 generations for me. After that it's down to annals, self-serving geneaologies and eventually, sagas.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Viking

Quote from: Legbiter on April 11, 2011, 05:49:28 PM
Church records for my Y chromosome lineage only go back 10 generations for me. After that it's down to annals, self-serving geneaologies and eventually, sagas.

I thought you were too plebian for me.... meh...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Legbiter

Quote from: Viking on April 11, 2011, 05:56:58 PM

Church records here usually don't go much further than the 18th. century. Having 10 generations of them is fairly rare.

You puffin fucking Westman Islands inbred.  ;)
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Viking

Quote from: Legbiter on April 11, 2011, 06:28:41 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 11, 2011, 05:56:58 PM

Church records here usually don't go much further than the 18th. century. Having 10 generations of them is fairly rare.

You puffin fucking Westman Islands inbred.  ;)

Actually, my family only goes back 4 generations on the westman islands.. the bulk of my family is from the westfjords.

haven't you looked in islendingabok.is?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.