██████

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

The Brain

The only place I've spent a full year in is Sweden. I can't judge other climates.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Subarctic is NOT Tundra.  I love Whitehorse, but when I did visit the Tundra I couldn't imagine living there. :ultra:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2009, 01:12:24 PM
Subarctic is NOT Tundra.  I love Whitehorse, but when I did visit the Tundra I couldn't imagine living there. :ultra:

You should take an exchange job in Siberia. It could be turned into a lighthearted, inoffensive comedy series. "Siberian Exposure" or something. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Iormlund

Something between Mediterranean and Marine West Coast. I guess San Francisco or Oregon?

garbon

How could SF be anyone's ideal climate? Fog and chilly temps in summer. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: Barrister on April 14, 2009, 01:12:24 PM

Yes, I know, but I grouped them together because I knew only you would be crazy enough to vote for either one.  :hug:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Iormlund

I like fog and rain, we hardly get any of those here. And I hate 35-40º C summers.

If I ever move though, the place has to be wind-free. I fucking hate wind.

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on April 14, 2009, 01:29:36 PM
I like fog and rain, we hardly get any of those here.

You are hardly a human being.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Since I am born and raised in central Texas I really cannot stand anywhere with low humidity.  I am just so used to it being humid whenever it is not my skin gets so dry and my lips chap.  I hate it.

I could probably do without the extreme heat, that is why I answered the way I did.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Valmy on April 14, 2009, 01:54:18 PM
Since I am born and raised in central Texas I really cannot stand anywhere with low humidity.  I am just so used to it being humid whenever it is not my skin gets so dry and my lips chap.  I hate it.

I'm the opposite of this. I grew up in the humid hellishness and now I can't go back. My god, I even lived in Houston for two years. :bleeding: Basically, my requirements are:

1: Cold enough to need a jacket or coat for a significant portion of the year.

2: Humidity as low as possible.

3: Altitude preferably high. I like climbing mountains.

So, nothing east of Denver will do.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DisturbedPervert

Whatever SF Bay Area is.  The climate seems somewhere between the examples in Med and Marine Northwest. 

The Nickname Who Was Thursday

LA seemed nice in autumn. Only was in the area for a week though. Still, went with "Mediterranean."
The Erstwhile Eddie Teach