And we're back!

Main Menu

God Help Me.

Started by Zeus, April 07, 2011, 11:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slargos

Quote from: Jacob on April 07, 2011, 11:49:53 PM
Quote from: Slargos on April 07, 2011, 11:47:45 PM
That's what you're going with, when I unwittingly served you up the gem at the end of my rant? I see that my first impression was spot on.

I don't get it. You mean that there's some sort of innuendo to be found it you wanting to fill him in?

If he's going for the homo angle, sure. Your mind is addled by your perversion.

Here I'm selflessly working hard to vet the new guy, and all I get for it is grief. Ingrates.  :(

Jacob

I'm not giving you grief, you cretin. I was feeding you a straight line.

For the record, I am not addled by my perversion; rather, I find it invigorates and clarifies the mind.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 07, 2011, 11:47:03 PM
Yes, yes he is. He's a terrible, misanthropic excuse for a human being.

That's pretty much par for the course here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Depending on my mood I oscillate wildly between atheism, pantheism and discordianism.

If I was presented with an evidence of Jahweh actually existing, I would probably be some sort of a gnostic, considering him an asshole demiurge.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 08, 2011, 01:34:37 AM
If I was presented with an evidence of Jahweh actually existing, I would probably be some sort of a gnostic, considering him an asshole demiurge.
So you'd think yourself created in His image, eh?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Irreligious.
Its unknowable so why worry about it.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zeus on April 07, 2011, 11:22:39 PM
  Being new here, I honestly have no idea what this will spark up, but I wanted to get a general average of people's religious beliefs here, and I'd like to know why you people believe what you do. :hmm:

I, for one, am Nothing. I live in the present, as I don't care what happens to me when I die. The closest thing to me would be Atheism, although I will nothe presumptuous enough to say, without a shadow of a doubt, that there is no God. If there is, cool. If not, awesome. Even if there were a corporeal God I'd still lack the capacity to care. I am also far from Agnostic. I choose not to believe in the concept of anything religious. 

That being said, go at it.

re Euros: Plenty of atheist Euros here, but that's a Euro trait.  Like left-leaning governments, environmental awareness, or anti-semitism.

re Americans: most of the atheist posters here also identify themselves as "libertarians", yet display the same overeducated pretentiousness about atheism they despise in ivory tower liberal intellectuals, which is sorta funny.   Kind of like people who claim to be bisexual, but for some reason only suck cock.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Neil

If there is a god, I suppose it would have to be Me.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Depending on my mood I oscillate wildly between atheism, pantheism and discordianism.

What I've always thought.  Your atheism is not rooted in your beliefs but whether or not you can suck cock.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

C.C.R.

I haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to Stir The Pot & say that I'm Agnostic (insert "Shifty" emoticon here), so let's just say that I'm generally an Atheist with a few vague Superstitions & a half-baked belief in Karma (on a moral level, though, as opposed to any kind of literal belief that I'll be reincarnated as a goat or a sloth or some damned thing for passing that old broad that was driving 30mph in a 55mph zone & then slamming on my brakes just to scare the living shit out of her)...

:ccr

Slargos

Quote from: Razgovory on April 08, 2011, 06:47:41 AM

What I've always thought.  Your atheism is not rooted in your beliefs but whether or not you can suck cock.

How many can honestly say their ideology is not predicated by convenience rather than morality?

Grallon

Depending on my mood I oscillate wildly ...

There's some lucidity left in you after all.

-----

As for this 'new' member - is it hard?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel