News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So my Mom has gone crazy. Raz on the March!

Started by Razgovory, April 03, 2011, 10:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesww

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2011, 07:17:59 AM
She said she's going to "Hash everything out".  I don't know exactly what that means.  I suspect it means she's going to take a bunch of stuff.

Sorry, but I LOL'd.

LaCroix

Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2011, 08:08:10 PMSay, if you don't have hallucinations, that means you're not schizotypal, right? :ph34r:

not a requirement for schizophrenia. my mother, for example, doesn't. likely because she lacks sufficient mental imagery, i think :hmm:

Caliga

I thought schizophrenics typically hear voices, as opposed to having visual hallucinations. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

LaCroix

both can occur, or one, or neither, along with the other list of typical symptoms. she doesn't hear voices either, not that i would expect her to--for the same reason

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2011, 08:08:10 PM
Good luck!

Say, if you don't have hallucinations, that means you're not schizotypal, right? :ph34r:

Not necessarily.  Usually they have 8 criteria and and if you fit 5 of them you get the diagnosis, besides the hallucinations are rare.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Well I talked to her today.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  So I did both.  Apparently, my dad and I are holding her back.  He's sick and I'm crazy, and she's tired of all that.   She wants to go to Illinois, finish her medical transcription training, join the Union, and use that as a stepping stone to a career in Illinois politics.  All at the young age of 55. Seriously.  Totally fucking serious.  That's what she couldn't tell me over the phone.  I have half a mind to call the hospital to get her sent to the loony bin.

For the first time in my life I really hate her. :weep:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

LaCroix

Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2011, 09:40:04 PM
:unsure: So is your mother Helen Keller? :)

:D

what i mean is not the physical senses, but the mental. some people can actually hear a -splash- when they read haiku about frogs jumping in ponds. i don't. some actually see an ocean when they close their eyes during relaxation exercises--i see the inside of my eyelids. she is similar, and since i've never heard her mention foreign voices in her head once (the paranoia limited mostly to strange "logic" and how she -feels- about some-one/thing) i highly doubt she suffers from that

@raz: that really sucks

Syt

Quote from: Razgovory on April 12, 2011, 10:22:34 PM
Well I talked to her today.  I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  So I did both.  Apparently, my dad and I are holding her back.  He's sick and I'm crazy, and she's tired of all that.   She wants to go to Illinois, finish her medical transcription training, join the Union, and use that as a stepping stone to a career in Illinois politics.  All at the young age of 55. Seriously.  Totally fucking serious.  That's what she couldn't tell me over the phone.  I have half a mind to call the hospital to get her sent to the loony bin.

:console:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DontSayBanana

Look on the bright side; this is the day you discovered you're not the craziest one in the family. :console:
Experience bij!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu

I suggest that you forget her and think about what you can do for yourself  :)

Zoupa

You can't forget your mother, or pretend she's out of your life. She was probably a moral support to Raz, and that seems about to change.

Life sucks man. You just deal with shit as it comes along, and try to find happiness in the little things. Like having a cup of tea and reading a good book, or taking a stroll or whatever. Don't overthink it. Just deal with shit and plow through.

Ideologue

Quote from: LaCroix on April 12, 2011, 10:32:01 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 12, 2011, 09:40:04 PM
:unsure: So is your mother Helen Keller? :)

:D

what i mean is not the physical senses, but the mental. some people can actually hear a -splash- when they read haiku about frogs jumping in ponds. i don't. some actually see an ocean when they close their eyes during relaxation exercises--i see the inside of my eyelids. she is similar, and since i've never heard her mention foreign voices in her head once (the paranoia limited mostly to strange "logic" and how she -feels- about some-one/thing) i highly doubt she suffers from that

If you specifically recall the sound or image, you can reproduce it though, right? :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)