News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

That's really grim, and heinous.  :mad:

For something a bit less gloomy, Japan has had growing success with Cat Cafes, where you can have your tea or latte in the company of a large number of cats that welcome human contact. This is the auspicious conjunction, and the trifecta of tranquil pleasures provided upon visiting such a cafe is something I look forward to with longing.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

citizen k there was no reason to show the photo. :mad:  Actually, there is a similar situation here in Jeff.  Someone is putting cross hair stickers on buildings of Democratic lawmakers.  GOPtards? :rolleyes:

Oh, and for the first time Lettow has posted something about Japan I like.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Ok that shit that k posted?

Yeah, this is who I'm talking about when I talk about the future inmates of Konzentrationslager Little Rock.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on January 25, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
citizen k there was no reason to show the photo. :mad: 

There is every reason to show that photo.  Because people need to have the truth about Republican mouthbreathers force fed into their faces.

Martinus

QuoteThe Russellville Police Department is investigating the incident as an animal cruelty case, according to a police official. Russellville is 80 miles west of Little Rock.

Shouldn't this be investigated on more serious charges? I mean, this is a threat on political grounds. If someone throws a brick into a politician's house with "Liberal" on it, it wouldn't be investigated just on "vandalism" grounds no?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on January 25, 2012, 05:59:31 AM
QuoteThe Russellville Police Department is investigating the incident as an animal cruelty case, according to a police official. Russellville is 80 miles west of Little Rock.

Shouldn't this be investigated on more serious charges? I mean, this is a threat on political grounds. If someone throws a brick into a politician's house with "Liberal" on it, it wouldn't be investigated just on "vandalism" grounds no?

No.  This is America.  We wait until after the shots are fired.

HVC

Ok i like cats, but Lettow's picture is just freaky
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2012, 03:00:50 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 25, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
citizen k there was no reason to show the photo. :mad: 

There is every reason to show that photo.  Because people need to have the truth about Republican mouthbreathers force fed into their faces.

I do what I can!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Darth Wagtaros

That looks creepy more than anything else. 
Quote from: Lettow77 on January 25, 2012, 12:00:54 AM
That's really grim, and heinous.  :mad:

For something a bit less gloomy, Japan has had growing success with Cat Cafes, where you can have your tea or latte in the company of a large number of cats that welcome human contact. This is the auspicious conjunction, and the trifecta of tranquil pleasures provided upon visiting such a cafe is something I look forward to with longing.

PDH!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 25, 2012, 10:56:09 AM

You find Asians creepy?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Maximus

It looks photoshopped. Not that it isn't a cool idea.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Maximus on January 25, 2012, 12:21:42 PM
It looks photoshopped. Not that it isn't a cool idea.

No, cats really can levitate.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Lettow77

I agree in thinking the picture looks shooped. Cat cafes are a real thing though, and I'd be remiss in not visiting them. What I have been unable to discover is whether there exists a cafe that is both a meido cafe and a cat cafe simultaneously. There are meido cafes that feature cat ears, which has its own charm, but this is hardly the same thing.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I like the idea of a cat cafe.  I've heard of hotel cats, and library cats, and bookstore cats.  But never a cat cafe.