News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on January 26, 2012, 02:09:07 PM
Strays are often the best; they've been about, developed a bit of character.  :cool:

My cat was a stray.  He was hanging around a school in rural Alberta when my wife was inspecting school buses.  The principal kept trying to convince someone to take this kitten away - eventually my wife did and gave him to me (we didn't live together at the time).

He's the friendliest cat of all time - never met a lap he didn't want to climb on to.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

I've been showing the cats the dead mice I've caught in the traps.  The cats know there is something they are suppose to do with mice, but they have't figured out what yet.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on January 26, 2012, 03:42:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 26, 2012, 02:09:07 PM
Strays are often the best; they've been about, developed a bit of character.  :cool:

My cat was a stray.  He was hanging around a school in rural Alberta when my wife was inspecting school buses.  The principal kept trying to convince someone to take this kitten away - eventually my wife did and gave him to me (we didn't live together at the time).

He's the friendliest cat of all time - never met a lap he didn't want to climb on to.   :)

My cat is very friendly.

With some, you know, quirks.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

fhdz

I dated a girl like that once!

<_<
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: fahdiz on January 26, 2012, 04:18:48 PM

<_<

Pics?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: fahdiz on January 26, 2012, 04:18:48 PM

<_<

If you pay 'em per "dance", is it really "dating"?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

My cat is sitting next to the PC.  She approves of a cat megathread.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Has anyone already commented on the painting of a cat on the back of Tonto's cat?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2012, 05:26:23 PM
Has anyone already commented on the painting of a cat on the back of Tonto's cat?

That's not my cat, just a picture of a random cat (well, I suppose not all that random).

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 26, 2012, 07:03:50 PM
That's not my cat, just a picture of a random cat (well, I suppose not all that random).

(Drops Tonto from the cool list.)

Tonitrus

And now, some Russians even CdM could love....

http://www.5-tv.ru/news/50155/   (in Russian, but if you want to see the video anyway)

The executive summary/translation for most of you folks:  Homeless cat (ultimately named "Captain Flint") found with broken, decaying rear legs (probably hit by a car)...brought to a vet, who initially think they would have to amputate.  One vet decides to try to save the legs, and assembled a homemade device to allow the cat's legs to rehabilitate (kinda like from Forrest Gump, except I think these were actually fused to the leg bones), and after several months, cat has mostly recovered, and the braces were taken off.

Caliga

How could something like that happen in Russia? :blink: :yeahright:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tonitrus

Quote from: Caliga on January 26, 2012, 07:26:43 PM
How could something like that happen in Russia? :blink: :yeahright:

Seriously, in some urban areas (especially Moscow), I think Russia has come quite a long way in the last 15 years, especially with the help of oil/gas money.

Out in the bush, and in many other major cities (that don't benefit from the gas/oil boom), I am sure shit still sucks.