News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 10:57:21 PM
What luck, I have cat related news.  I'm taking my cat to the vet tomorrow.  I think she has a urinary tract problem.

Do you have a dog in the house as well?

HVC

Crystals are really rare for females. Fun fact when I co-oped in a vet clinic in high school I saw a boy cat made into a girl cat. Not sure who was more traumatized, the cat or me.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on March 22, 2012, 11:01:37 PM
Crystals are really rare for females. Fun fact when I co-oped in a vet clinic in high school I saw a boy cat made into a girl cat. Not sure who was more traumatized, the cat or me.

Reason why I was asking about the dog, cats--both male and female--come down with UTIs from eating too much dog food in a shared household.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2012, 10:59:35 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 10:57:21 PM
What luck, I have cat related news.  I'm taking my cat to the vet tomorrow.  I think she has a urinary tract problem.

Do you have a dog in the house as well?

No dog.  Just other cats.  It is hard cat food though.  She does like to steal from my sack of hard human chow, though.

She's had this problem before.  She was on prescription cat food for a while, but my dad just stopped buying it believing that a cheaper type of cat food that said "Urinary tract diet" at the grocery store was sufficient.  I do not think it was.  So I'm taking the cat to the vet.  Hopefully it's not something that requires a catheter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 11:28:39 PM
She was on prescription cat food for a while, but my dad just stopped buying it believing that a cheaper type of cat food that said "Urinary tract diet" at the grocery store was sufficient.  I do not think it was.

lol, no, no it wasn't.

Stop buying cheap cat food.  That shit is exactly that: shit.

Try to find healthy cat food, something natural.  Good brands are Origen and California Natural.  GangstaKitty eats Origen.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2012, 10:54:41 PM
She had left the window open due to the warm weather because she didn't want Sugar to be in a hot apartment.
Mission accomplished.

The Animal Rescue League was able to track the owner through the microchip and with help from the building.

Sugar's owner, Brittney Kirk, a 32-year-old registered nurse, said at first she didn't think her cat had made it. She had left the window open due to the warm weather because she didn't want Sugar to be in a hot apartment.

"It just seemed so unreal ... my thought was obviously that she didn't make it," she said. "I was definitely relieved and kind of in disbelief ... if there were a cat to fall 19 stories and to be fine, I think it would definitely be Sugar, because she's a pretty special cat."
So her cat falls out of the window, she thinks it didn't make it, and yet she needs to be tracked down to be informed of her cat's fate?  :hmm:  I would've spent a couple of minutes looking for a splat, before moving on with my life.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 22, 2012, 11:35:25 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 22, 2012, 11:28:39 PM
She was on prescription cat food for a while, but my dad just stopped buying it believing that a cheaper type of cat food that said "Urinary tract diet" at the grocery store was sufficient.  I do not think it was.

lol, no, no it wasn't.

Stop buying cheap cat food.  That shit is exactly that: shit.

Try to find healthy cat food, something natural.  Good brands are Origen and California Natural.  GangstaKitty eats Origen.

Wasn't my choice.  Now I have an independent income I can buy the proper cat food.  I already bought some of the prescription food.  Don't know the name.  Just what I got at the vet's office.  Still want to take her to vet though.  I love that cat.   :wub:

Brown Cat has had her vengeance by pissing on my dad while he sleeps.

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Darth Wagtaros

Cosmic Creepers has a damaged tooth and a serious urinary tract infection. :(  Bad time to be leaving town.
PDH!

mongers

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on March 23, 2012, 11:11:23 AM
Cosmic Creepers has a damaged tooth and a serious urinary tract infection. :(  Bad time to be leaving town.

:(

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

Brown was prescribed several pills.  Anti-biotics mostly, perhaps something to break up blockage.  It's hell giving a cat pills.  With a dog, you just roll it up in some lunch meat and the dog will eat it.  That trick doesn't work with my cat.  Her mouth is so small she just nibbles the the meat.

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on March 23, 2012, 06:19:19 PM
Brown was prescribed several pills.  Anti-biotics mostly, perhaps something to break up blockage.  It's hell giving a cat pills.  With a dog, you just roll it up in some lunch meat and the dog will eat it.  That trick doesn't work with my cat.  Her mouth is so small she just nibbles the the meat.

:yes:

never once managed it.

Anyway hope you cat gets better.   :hug:

Razgovory

Brown cat really really hates her pills. Just sniffing them causes a gagging reflex now.  It took me 5 times tonight to get the damn pill down he cat.  She holds it her mouth until I let her go and then spits it out.  Anyone have any ideas?

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2012, 08:13:56 PM
Brown cat really really hates her pills. Just sniffing them causes a gagging reflex now.  It took me 5 times tonight to get the damn pill down he cat.  She holds it her mouth until I let her go and then spits it out.  Anyone have any ideas?

Nope, that's exactly how my cats used to do it, and them being ex-feral cats, it wasn't worth the sweat and blood on my part to try and continue, still they lived to so some good ages.   :bowler:

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on March 24, 2012, 08:13:56 PM

You should talk to the vet about getting a liquid instead.  My three-legged cat would not take pills either, she held them down until she got under the bed then barfed them up.  Now I usually get a liquid with an eye dropper I have to squirt into her mouth.  It is almost as painful and bloody (though she is kind of lazy and has a terrible memory so is very vunerable to the sneak attack) but at least it stays down.

Octavian

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee