Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 27, 2012, 12:11:28 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 09:32:00 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 20, 2012, 01:29:26 PM
Seedy, this might be very disturbing for you. This is yet another reason why the religious should not be left in peace with their faith.

You really can't stop being a bigot can you?

He's European;  wouldn't bat an eye if all the cats in Europe were shipped to Meowschwitz.

Crucifying cats is ok with you but bitching about a religion that inspires people to crucify cats is bigoted and the same as being Kitler?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Nobody said that crucifying cats was okay (in fact I didn't look at your link and it doesn't appear to work anyway).  I do take exception to the phrase "why the religious should not be left in peace with their faith".  At the very best this sounds like call for harassment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 12:43:04 PM
Nobody said that crucifying cats was okay (in fact I didn't look at your link and it doesn't appear to work anyway).  I do take exception to the phrase "why the religious should not be left in peace with their faith".  At the very best this sounds like call for harassment.

Faith is not an argument for immunity from laws and morality.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on April 27, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

It is not invitation of harassment either.  The fact is, Faith can be an argument for the immunity from certain laws.  And who's morality are we talking about here anyways?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on April 27, 2012, 12:51:50 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 27, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

It is not invitation of harassment either.  The fact is, Faith can be an argument for the immunity from certain laws.  And who's morality are we talking about here anyways?

It's an invitation to harrasment just like being in a jurisdiction is an invitation to harrasment for anybody in breach of it's laws. Faith is not an argument for immunity from certain laws. Dogma sometimes has the power in society to discriminate for  or against certain sects; big difference.

Razgovory

Being religious is not illegal here and therefor not invitation of harassment.  There are exceptions to laws made for religions.  This is true, whether you like it or not.

Viking

Jacob

Viking

This might explain why your cat wants to kill you.

Viking

CountDeMoney

Viking

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.firdaposten.no%2Flokalnytt%2Farticle6047967.ece

Translations a bit fucked since the text is in new norwegian. But, still, two local cats stalk and kill a sheep.

QuoteMales revealed that sheep kill abusers

First they went two male cats in the throat of a lamb and killed it. When they circled in on the lamb, picked Jon Hovland Asle the shotgun.

- It was a special experience, I have not seen anything similar, says farmer Jon Asle Hovland on Askrova outside Florida.

He sat in the living room with his wife when they noticed that the sheep in the fields was worried. Binoculars brought out and they were soon witness a very special hunt.

- Two big cats came out in the fields and began circling the lamb. They looked like the lynx, but the special was that they hunt together, says the farmer, who managed to sneak up on shotgun continuation of the one cat and had thrown it. Then lay one of the lambs daudt back on the ground, with Cutter throat and agonizing abdominal party.

Hovland decided then to kill the other cat too, and the experienced hunter January Lindegaard was contacted. Shortly after the cat was also the second shot. The surprise was great when the two male cats were put on weight. Together they weighed 19 kg.

- I have seen cats before. They are very shy and behave like wild predators, I rarely got closer than the 80-90 meters. Actually, I thought it was exciting to have them nearby, but when I see what they are capable of, I had no choice except to kill them, said Hovland, who believes there are several cats of the same caliber on the island.

Jaron

I went to a friend's house and his cat and just had kittens! I didn't know this, but I learned cats can be pregnant from several males at once. I found that to be a remarkable and charming trait.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on May 08, 2012, 04:04:10 AM
can be pregnant from several males at once.

Sounds familiar.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Viking on May 08, 2012, 03:25:55 AM
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=no&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.firdaposten.no%2Flokalnytt%2Farticle6047967.ece

Translations a bit fucked since the text is in new norwegian. But, still, two local cats stalk and kill a sheep.

QuoteMales revealed that sheep kill abusers

First they went two male cats in the throat of a lamb and killed it. When they circled in on the lamb, picked Jon Hovland Asle the shotgun.

- It was a special experience, I have not seen anything similar, says farmer Jon Asle Hovland on Askrova outside Florida.

He sat in the living room with his wife when they noticed that the sheep in the fields was worried. Binoculars brought out and they were soon witness a very special hunt.

- Two big cats came out in the fields and began circling the lamb. They looked like the lynx, but the special was that they hunt together, says the farmer, who managed to sneak up on shotgun continuation of the one cat and had thrown it. Then lay one of the lambs daudt back on the ground, with Cutter throat and agonizing abdominal party.

Hovland decided then to kill the other cat too, and the experienced hunter January Lindegaard was contacted. Shortly after the cat was also the second shot. The surprise was great when the two male cats were put on weight. Together they weighed 19 kg.

- I have seen cats before. They are very shy and behave like wild predators, I rarely got closer than the 80-90 meters. Actually, I thought it was exciting to have them nearby, but when I see what they are capable of, I had no choice except to kill them, said Hovland, who believes there are several cats of the same caliber on the island.
This gave me a headache before I realized that it had been written in another language and then run through the Engrish translatator.
PDH!