News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Google isn't as reliable as being a local who went there all the time. Its animals are up for adoption, for the most part, (some aren't- typically the ones with special needs/ people issues) but separate from a shelter, just going in to interact with the cats, who are at large, is encouraged and quite commonplace. There are pallets to sit down with cats and pet them, and whatnot.

Unlike a cat cafe, they don't have a commercial viability, so of course they are an institution dependent on donations that seeks to give its cats away. It is still fairly unique, though. Regrettably, they charge unreasonable fees for their cats, and the staff is full of independent womyn types such as can be found in midtown now and again.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Fireblade

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 12:30:13 AM
Ok that shit that k posted?

Yeah, this is who I'm talking about when I talk about the future inmates of Konzentrationslager Little Rock.

\o sieg MEOW!

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

fhdz

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 25, 2012, 12:00:54 AM
That's really grim, and heinous.  :mad:

For something a bit less gloomy, Japan has had growing success with Cat Cafes, where you can have your tea or latte in the company of a large number of cats that welcome human contact. This is the auspicious conjunction, and the trifecta of tranquil pleasures provided upon visiting such a cafe is something I look forward to with longing.

That is a lot of creepy-ass eyeballs staring at you when you're trying to drink your coffee.
and the horse you rode in on

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

sbr

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 25, 2012, 06:28:21 AM
No.  This is America.  We wait until after the shots are fired.

Sure, but they could at least slap terroristic threats on him, too, thanks to the spray paint.

*shrugs* Always strikes a violent chord with me, though.  As a kid, I'd adopted a stray that I was feeding on the back porch and working on convincing the parents to help with getting him to the vet and getting him to be an indoors cat.  One day, I looked out the window and saw him on the back porch, with an arrow through him.  I don't think the neighbors had ever seen a 10-year-old get that angry before.
Experience bij!

sbr

:(

We had a homeless cat that spent a lot of time in our backyard 6-7 years ago.  We* fed and watered it for a few months and finally decided to take it into the vet and possibly adopt it for real.  It was obviously pissed about the whole thing and after getting out of the cat carrier it took off, jumped the fence and never came back, still haven't seen it again to this day.

*We being my ex-wife and the kids, I as usual was along for the ride.

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Liep on January 26, 2012, 10:37:34 AM
Is she yours?

Not quite, we are not allowed to have cats or dogs where I live. So I have to make due with my dads cat...

A former stray kitten, that a cold winter night (-12C) some 9 years ago adopted my dad... 
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

mongers

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on January 26, 2012, 12:30:44 PM
Quote from: Liep on January 26, 2012, 10:37:34 AM
Is she yours?

Not quite, we are not allowed to have cats or dogs where I live. So I have to make due with my dads cat...

A former stray kitten, that a cold winter night (-12C) some 9 years ago adopted my dad...

:thumbsup:

Strays are often the best; they've been about, developed a bit of character.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

Yes. Cosmic Creepers was abandoned and lived on the Streets.  Now she is a control freak.
PDH!