And we're back!

Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 25, 2012, 12:37:49 PM
No, cats really can levitate.
You'll notice it is placed on a glass table.

Maximus

Quote from: Razgovory on January 25, 2012, 01:37:25 PM
I like the idea of a cat cafe.  I've heard of hotel cats, and library cats, and bookstore cats.  But never a cat cafe.
It's a very East Asian concept.

Razgovory

Quote from: Maximus on January 25, 2012, 02:20:09 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on January 25, 2012, 01:37:25 PM
I like the idea of a cat cafe.  I've heard of hotel cats, and library cats, and bookstore cats.  But never a cat cafe.
It's a very East Asian concept.

Wait, this isn't like a seafood restaurant where they have the lobsters in a tank out front is it?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Lettow77

No, not at all. While Japan has a pretty bad record with crimes against marine life, they lead east asia in treatment of cats. The Japanese adore cats; there's widespread enough affection for them that over 90 separate cafes whose entire premise is having cats to pet while you drink your tea can be commercially viable.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

And when the business slumps, you can always reshape into a fast food joint.  :ph34r:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 25, 2012, 12:37:49 PM
Quote from: Maximus on January 25, 2012, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 25, 2012, 10:56:09 AM
That looks creepy more than anything else. 
It looks photoshopped. Not that it isn't a cool idea.

No, cats really can levitate.
They aren't levitating, the tables are clear glass.  The cats look like its feeding time and they are trying to decide if they can overpower the humans... an how they will eliminate each other after the deed is done.
PDH!

Ideologue

Maybe I should buy a coffeemaker and open a cat cafe.

My question is how do they keep the cats from running outside when customers come in?  Cat herder?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 04:21:30 PM

My question is how do they keep the cats from running outside when customers come in?  Cat herder?

I bet the county health department would have something to say about that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Invisible fence shock collar doohickey
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Lettow77

There's a place in Memphis called the House of Mews, which is nothing but a building full of cats, some free-roaming and some less social ones who are kept in closed-off areas you can enter at your peril; There's also a subsection for disabled cats if you have some sort of katawa thing that needs satisfaction.

I don't know that they took any precautions to prevent cat escapes; perhaps a cat that earns a name for attempting such things is given more restricted movement. It could be that for both a cat cafe and the house of mews that a certain amount of cat desertion is acceptable, given the ease with which cats are replaced. A cat cafe is looking to provide customers with amiable and sociable cats, so those that would try to escape aren't necessarily what the establishment should be after, in any case.

More pictures are needed: note the ubiquitous surgical mask.

Edit: I can confirm the house of mews had no such shock collar, and close scrutiny reveals the cats in these cafes have no collars either, although that may very well vary from establishment to establishment.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 25, 2012, 04:24:45 PM

Damn government regulations.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 25, 2012, 04:24:45 PM

Damn government regulations.

You'll live.

Ed Anger

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on January 25, 2012, 04:29:31 PM
There's a place in Memphis called the House of Mews, which is nothing but a building full of cats, some free-roaming and some less social ones who are kept in closed-off areas you can enter at your peril; There's also a subsection for disabled cats if you have some sort of katawa thing that needs satisfaction.

I googled that and it appears to just be an animal shelter.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?