Main Menu

The Cat Megathread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 02, 2011, 06:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: dps on May 04, 2017, 04:34:35 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 04, 2017, 03:17:13 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 04, 2017, 01:20:25 PM
don't become that person who dresses up their pet. Just don't.

The pet store I buy cat food at has a new item in stock - baby carriages with a mesh top, for people to walk their cats in.

Do they cost $2000?

I didn't see a tag and I didn't ask for a price, figuring that would tag *me* as the sort of weirdo who would buy one.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

dps

So, anybody seen the story about the guy in Saudi Arabia who posted videos on social media of himself shooting cats?  Apparently he's been arrested, so I guess even the Saudi government has some redeeming features.

CountDeMoney

The Brain

Quote from: dps on August 07, 2017, 09:07:23 PM
So, anybody seen the story about the guy in Saudi Arabia who posted videos on social media of himself shooting cats?  Apparently he's been arrested, so I guess even the Saudi government has some redeeming features.

Was he gay?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Spook left me a gift on the porch today. A pile of dead birds. I gave him some tuna while I shoved the birds into a trashbag. The garbage man is gonna get a surprise Monday.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Well, I got Jade's ashes back today.  It's a nice box, I guess.

She was 17 years old.  I rescued her from a probably shitty life when I lived up in Colorado.  We moved down here to Texas when I was 20/21, and I joined the Navy.  Grandma took Jade, and for a really long time they were pretty much best friends.  Jade lived with my mom after grandma died (she didn't know me any more than my mom after so long, so).  I sat with her last week, for a good hour or so, before she had to go to the vet for the last time. 

She had a benign tumor that was blocking her stomach so that she couldn't eat.  If she had been younger, they could have cut it out and she would have been fine.  Other than that, she was perfectly alright, which made that last hour with her so much harder.

She's got a good spot next to Milo at least.  Skinny monkey tail and big alien eyes and ears.  She was all crochety and old and didn't really like anyone at the end, but I'll still miss her.  She was a constant for a long time.    :(

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 19, 2017, 02:13:24 AM
She was 17 years old.  I rescued her from a probably shitty life when I lived up in Colorado.

Your 17 years as a karma force multiplier has been noted by the universe.  Jade has more pull than you think.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 19, 2017, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 19, 2017, 02:13:24 AM
She was 17 years old.  I rescued her from a probably shitty life when I lived up in Colorado.

Your 17 years as a karma force multiplier has been noted by the universe.  Jade has more pull than you think.

Hopefully I'm wrong and all those other kittens that were in the garage there had good lives too.  I immediately grabbed the tiny one with the bigass eyes and ears though.  Cute little runt who enjoyed laying all over the dashboard of the moving truck while we were driving to SA.  She became absolutely the most spoiled cat I've ever heard of after Grandma took her.  :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 19, 2017, 01:00:10 PM
Hopefully I'm wrong and all those other kittens that were in the garage there had good lives too.

Can't think about that.  Even Jesus had the velvet rope walk cordoned off with "Next Show: 1:00PM" for lunch.