Main Menu

Wonder Woman tv series

Started by garbon, March 31, 2011, 12:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 07, 2011, 03:14:32 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 07, 2011, 02:58:06 PM
Murder She Wrote :wub:
I liked the episode where someone got killed in Cabot Cove and Jessica solved the murder. :)

:P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

I liked the episode where someone got killed in Cabot Cove and Jessica solved the murder. :)

I like the one where the guest star did it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Viking on April 07, 2011, 03:26:02 PM

In violent deaths per capita, Cabot Cove is worse than Stalingrad.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 07, 2011, 03:28:05 PM
Quote from: Viking on April 07, 2011, 03:26:02 PM

In violent deaths per capita, Cabot Cove is worse than Stalingrad.
It reminded me of Stephen King's Castlerock.  This idyllic small town that has some dark quality that drives 3 out of 5 of its inhabitants to murder.
PDH!

Siege

I still say SuperGirl would have been a better investment.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on April 07, 2011, 02:38:51 PM
First, when I said "produced", I meant it in the larger sense, i.e. including writing most of the script, not simply having the title "Producer".
Fisrt, in that case JMS has "produced" a large number of very highly regarded scripts.
World War Z and Underworld have not been made into films yet.
This would only be a meaningful comment if "produced" meant "producer," which you say it doesn't.  Whether something is a movie yet doesn't depend on the writer, but the Producer.

QuoteThor is not yet released and I did told you I would see it because he's writing the script.
Not relevant.

QuoteMurder She Wrote is boring.
Now you are just being argumentative.  I'll bet you haven't even seen the movies JMS wrote.

QuoteI haven't seen Changeling but I hear it's good.
Ninja Assassin was a fun bd flick, nothing extraordinary.
None of this seems relevant to anything.

QuoteI never said he wasn't a good writer, I said he ain't the only good writer in the universe,
Well, I guess you are all set to counter the claim that JMS is the only writer in the universe, if that claim is ever made.  That's just a strawman for now, though.

Quoteand I disagreed with your statement that Whedon's shows got cancelled because of poor writing.
Since that's not what I said, this is another strawman.

QuoteIf that's not what you meant when you said "there is a reason why all his shows get cancelled", than explain, instead of dodging the questions asked.
I said why his shows got cancelled and his movies flopped: because he is great at writing dialogue and characters ("the "tactics" of the genre) but not so good at the stories and the character development (the "strategy").  If you don't get it, then you don't get it.

Your memory is so crappy you'd forget what I told you even if I had the inclination to perform on demand.  Look at some of the threads on TV shows, and you will find my comments.
as I suspected, you are, again, arguing for the sake of arguing, without any kind of arguments.
This isn't an argument at all.  It is a statement:  I don't perform on demand, and you admit that you have such a shitty memory you cannot even remember recent discussions here in which i have praised shows.  Neither of these statements are at all controversial and so there are no arguments to be made.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!