News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republicans. Gotta love 'em.

Started by Berkut, March 29, 2011, 08:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Oh wait, no you don't.

Quote from: Newt"I have two grandchildren: Maggie is 11; Robert is 9," Gingrich said at  Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively  win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age  they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by  radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be  an American."

Spoken by Newt (what a good guy he is!) at the Cornerstone Church (famous for the fundy there saying God created the Holocaust in order to make the Jews form Israel). Yeah, he sure is a decent guy.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

So is it secular & atheist or radical & Islamists. You have to pick.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

I think we'll get the radical atheists, as secular Islamists don't exist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

I'd rather have the moon worshippers over Dawkinsfuckers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

And Newt is considering running for President?? With this kind of thinking and statements on his record?   :huh:

DGuller

Well, Bush the less worse one claimed that atheists are not real Americans (or something to that effect).  So, my guess is that attacking atheism during election campaign is not a vote loser in US.

grumbler

Quote from: DGuller on March 29, 2011, 10:00:40 AM
Well, Bush the less worse one claimed that atheists are not real Americans (or something to that effect).  So, my guess is that attacking atheism during election campaign is not a vote loser in US.
Especially attacking the secular atheistic radical Islamists.

Face it:  people who would vote for Newt are not the kinds of people who could figure out the contradictions in his statements.  Whether they number enough to get him the nomination remains to be seen.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

garbon

I have to dislike Republicans because of Newt? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2011, 10:13:44 AM

Yes.  Newt = Republicans.  If you're a Republican, you're Newt. 

And it's not fair.  I don't want to be Newt  :cry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on March 29, 2011, 10:23:47 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 29, 2011, 10:13:44 AM

Yes.  Newt = Republicans.  If you're a Republican, you're Newt. 

And it's not fair.  I don't want to be Newt  :cry:

Fair or not, you've been effectively newtered.  :(

Berkut

Tough, he is yours, you got him whether you like him or not.

It is like everyone claiming that there aren't any real moderate muslims - unless you actively disavow the Newt, you support the Newt.

Hell, BB was just saying the other day what a swell guy he was...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2011, 10:27:33 AM
Tough, he is yours, you got him whether you like him or not.

It is like everyone claiming that there aren't any real moderate muslims - unless you actively disavow the Newt, you support the Newt.

Hell, BB was just saying the other day what a swell guy he was...

I disavowed Newt a while back, but he does get props for triggering your atheist rage :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

I liked mid-90s Newt better. He should start cheating on his wife again.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Slargos

You folks are just haitin' on newt because he's beautiful and successful,

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 29, 2011, 10:46:32 AM
I liked mid-90s Newt better. He should start cheating on his wife again.
My assumption is that as soon as she bored him (which probably was the case like two weeks after the wedding), he started doing that again.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points