News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republicans. Gotta love 'em.

Started by Berkut, March 29, 2011, 08:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I think America has run its course. Time to board it up, write it off and try somewhere else.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Norgy

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2011, 08:11:27 AM
So is it secular & atheist or radical & Islamists. You have to pick.

The latter alternative offers more clarity and less complicated choice.

Secular atheists and their grey areas.  :mad:

Caliga

Anyhoo, my assumption having read this quote from Nootie is that he is really a lot stupider than he's sometimes given credit for, or he doesn't really want to be elected President and is just running to get some public exposure to be used in some other venture he's got planned.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on March 29, 2011, 10:49:27 AM
I think America has run its course. Time to board it up, write it off and try somewhere else.

Can we move in with you? I need room for my gun safe.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2011, 10:52:17 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 29, 2011, 10:49:27 AM

Can we move in with you? I need room for my gun safe.

I will be happy to have your guns. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 10:51:53 AM
Anyhoo, my assumption having read this quote from Nootie is that he is really a lot stupider than he's sometimes given credit for, or he doesn't really want to be elected President and is just running to get some public exposure to be used in some other venture he's got planned.

I suspect that he's actually quite intelligent, but simply doesn't care enough about his integrity to avoid making playing-to-the-base commentary that even he knows is bogus.  His running will almost certainly succeed at selling more of his books.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

Maybe Turtledove should run for President. :hmm:

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 10:51:53 AM

Book deals and his own talk show, presumably.
He's just jealous of Glen Beck.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Caliga

President Turtledove would be a hoot at every State of the Union Address.

"My fellow Americans,

There wasn't a nuclear war between the US and USSR in 1967 but.... what if there had been?"

*two hours later*
"...and that's why we were never able to send a man to Mars.  But suppose that Martin Luther King had shot James Earl Ray instead of the other way around, and Stonewall Jackson had invented the atomic bomb..."

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 11:07:33 AM
*two hours later*
"...and that's why we were never able to send a man to Mars.  But suppose that Martin Luther King had shot James Earl Ray instead of the other way around, and Stonewall Jackson had invented the atomic bomb..."

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2011, 10:27:33 AM
Tough, he is yours, you got him whether you like him or not.

It is like everyone claiming that there aren't any real moderate muslims - unless you actively disavow the Newt, you support the Newt.

Hell, BB was just saying the other day what a swell guy he was...

I can't be bothered to care what you think but I was bothered enough to reply. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 29, 2011, 08:11:27 AM
So is it secular & atheist or radical & Islamists. You have to pick.
Indeed.
The radical Islamists would be far happier in a nation where the Christian right has their way...
██████
██████
██████

Faeelin

Quote from: Caliga on March 29, 2011, 11:07:33 AM
President Turtledove would be a hoot at every State of the Union Address.

"My fellow Americans,

There wasn't a nuclear war between the US and USSR in 1967 but.... what if there had been?"

*two hours later*

You know Gingrich has written AH right? One was about the gun toting people of Kentucky defeating an SS commando raid on the Manhattan Project.