News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Republicans. Gotta love 'em.

Started by Berkut, March 29, 2011, 08:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

... so e's like a political, womanizing Tim?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Caliga

Quote from: Faeelin on March 29, 2011, 12:58:10 PM
You know Gingrich has written AH right?
Yes, that's exactly the reason I started making Turtledove jokes.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Darth Wagtaros

Anybody read his books?  I had assumed they were ghost written.
PDH!

Habbaku

I've read all three of the Civil War series and two of his political books.  He was, I believe, only the historical reference of the ACW books as Forstchen did all the writing.  They actually weren't terrible, but they were fairly predictable and only had a handful of great scenes.

The political books are firmly in the realm of hackery equivalent to what Hans wanted a while back--out-Democrating the Democrats in order to keep winning elections with little regard for principles.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien