News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

All the polls are showing minority though.  So do you have a PC-Wildrose ruling coalition, or a PC-NDP?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2015, 05:03:35 PM
All the polls are showing minority though.  So do you have a PC-Wildrose ruling coalition, or a PC-NDP?

If it's a coalition government, does BB only have to eat half his hat?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Quote from: Malthus on April 24, 2015, 05:45:04 PM

Yeah, I wonder what 'winning the election' means.  If the NDP get the most seats, but the PCs and Wildrose form a coalition, does he win or lose?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

PRC

Quote from: Neil on April 24, 2015, 05:50:22 PM

Yeah, I wonder what 'winning the election' means.  If the NDP get the most seats, but the PCs and Wildrose form a coalition, does he win or lose?

If that's the scenario then we all lose.

Barrister

Quote from: PRC on April 24, 2015, 11:21:25 PM

Pretty sure anything that involves "Premier Notley" means we all lose...

PRC

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2015, 11:35:06 PM
Quote from: PRC on April 24, 2015, 11:21:25 PM

Pretty sure anything that involves "Premier Notley" means we all lose...

A PC-NDP coalition would be the best outcome in my not so humble opinion.  No one deserves a majority here.  Prentice as Premier with a strong NDP check would be a delightful experiment that shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Neil

I definitely don't want a Wildrose government.  Their rural focus and risk of Republican-influenced policies are horrible.  I definitely don't want a PC government.  If they manage to get through this in one piece, the Brazenness of their thefts will know no bounds.  Plus the party has Stephen Mandel and Thomas Lukaszuk.  I definitely don't want an NDP government.  Because I'm neither poor, nor non-white, nor a woman, nor old, nor a union member, nor a worthless faggot, they don't care about me, and have nothing to offer me.

Neil

Watching the debate, I have to say that Jean wasn't ready for an election right now, and it shows.  He just keeps banging that same 'The other parties will raise your taxes' drum.  Prentice and Notley both looked like premier material, and I really think it's a shame that Prentice doesn't stand a chance, what with all the PC baggage weighing him down like an anchor. 

Valmy

Alberta claims to be the Texas of Canada but is about to elect the NDP? Some frozen Texas you guys are.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2015, 10:13:07 AM
I wonder why he thinks only men can vote  :hmm:

Those households function on the Spicey model of democracy. He knows who counts here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2015, 07:39:51 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 24, 2015, 10:13:07 AM
I wonder why he thinks only men can vote  :hmm:

Those households function on the Spicey model of democracy. He knows who counts here.

His model is the the best model. Spiceyism uber alles
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 27, 2015, 07:39:16 AM
Alberta claims to be the Texas of Canada but is about to elect the NDP? Some frozen Texas you guys are.

Don't count us out yet.

crazy canuck

The bet was about the NDP winning the election not about who gets the most seats.  So if any other party forms government, by whatever means, then I lose the bet.  But if the NDP form a coalition government I win.  The chances of that are so incredibly low though that if I win the bet that way I would think BB would get me a very very good beer.