News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Damn anglos, you can do it. You can vote something else than the incumbents.

Or stay home.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2014, 11:52:55 AM

Or stay home.

It is possible yes.  But until a better alternative arrives, it is unlikely.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 11:37:27 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2014, 06:38:38 PM
I voted already. I voted NDP. Not because I want them to do well (which they won't); in fact I'm quite mad at them. But my Oshawa riding is a close call between PC incumbent and NDP challenger. Liberals do shit here.

You rant about how bad decisions the NDP have made but when you entered that polling booth you just couldn't help yourself because the thought of the alternative is just too terrible.  I will likely be just like you in the Federal election only with the Conservatives.

Yes. For me, and obviiously this is subjective, the worst scenario is a Hudak government. I don't like Horwath's NDP, but in my riding any other vote is handing it over to the PC. The NDP is the only party that can challenge the PCs so I vote for them.  I take it in your riding it's a toss up between Conservatives and NDP as well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Or stay home.

Again, staying home is not an alternative for me. The NDP can lose my riding by <1000 votes. It can be close.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 01:17:33 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 11:37:27 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 10, 2014, 06:38:38 PM
I voted already. I voted NDP. Not because I want them to do well (which they won't); in fact I'm quite mad at them. But my Oshawa riding is a close call between PC incumbent and NDP challenger. Liberals do shit here.

You rant about how bad decisions the NDP have made but when you entered that polling booth you just couldn't help yourself because the thought of the alternative is just too terrible.  I will likely be just like you in the Federal election only with the Conservatives.

Yes. For me, and obviiously this is subjective, the worst scenario is a Hudak government. I don't like Horwath's NDP, but in my riding any other vote is handing it over to the PC. The NDP is the only party that can challenge the PCs so I vote for them.  I take it in your riding it's a toss up between Conservatives and NDP as well.

In my Riding it would be a close contest between the Liberals and Conservatives.  Its a swing riding.  At the end of the day I dont think I could ever support Trudeau for PM no matter how upset I am at the Conservatives atm.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 01:18:23 PM

Or stay home.

Again, staying home is not an alternative for me. The NDP can lose my riding by <1000 votes. It can be close.

So?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2014, 01:35:25 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 01:18:23 PM

Or stay home.

So?

And so he is voting for what he believes is the lesser of all evils.  Isnt that how most people vote these days?

Grey Fox

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 01:59:23 PM
And so he is voting for what he believes is the lesser of all evils.  Isnt that how most people vote these days?
Most likely, yes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

Josephus

Interestingly....this morning radio said that polls were showing a slight possibility of a Liberal majority as NDP and Green supporters were moving to the Liberals. this evening radio said a new poll shows a dead heat between the THREE parties at 30 per cent.

This is all going to come down to who votes. Early poll voters were down by six per cent from last time. With World Cup, crazy Traffic, and bad weather they're predicting a low turnout.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 11, 2014, 02:25:44 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 11, 2014, 02:01:20 PM
Yes, a despicable act.

You vote for the greater of all evils? :hmm:

The past 2 provincial elections I've voted for the PQ. You can draw your own conclusion.

Josephus

Barrister

Quote from: Josephus on June 11, 2014, 10:01:22 PM
Interesting. Globe's editorial board wanted to endorse Liberals. Overruled.

http://canadalandshow.com/article/source-globe-editorial-board-endorsed-wynne-liberals-was-overruled

Surely any decision made by the Thomson family can't be wrong. -_-
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.