News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 17, 2014, 07:07:24 AM
Our marriage rate is obviously at near 0 but we have had a babyboom for almost 8 years now while keeping the numbers of women in the workforce growing.
Not true.  There's no babyboom in Quebec.  The birth rate are still lower than they were in Bourassa years, and they are about average to other canadian provinces (lower than the west, higher than the east).
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

QuoteCanada's ambassador for religious freedom, Andrew Bennett, says an attempt to discuss human rights in Turkey prompted that government to throw Quebec's controversial values charter back at him.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/in-turkey-canadas-religious-freedom-envoy-gets-earful-over-quebec-charter/article17097235/

Lol, you know you have it bad when Turkey takes the position they are more tolerant of religious minorities.

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2014, 06:07:43 PM
Our marriage rate is obviously at near 0 but we have had a babyboom for almost 8 years now while keeping the numbers of women in the workforce growing.
Not true.  There's no babyboom in Quebec.  The birth rate are still lower than they were in Bourassa years, and they are about average to other canadian provinces (lower than the west, higher than the east).

There's a babyboom.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PRC

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 03:53:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 14, 2014, 01:24:50 PM
I had hopes for Trudeau but everytime he opens his mouth I feel foolish for my lack of judgment. 

My shame continues

QuoteWhen a Tout le Monde en Parle panelist asked Mr. Trudeau about Canada's response to the events in Ukraine, the Liberal Leader said Ottawa should do more and that his party has for several weeks pressed the Conservatives to take further action, including targeted sanctions against the now-ousted president. He then added the situation is "even more worrying now that Russia lost in hockey and will be in a bad mood. We fear some involvement of the Russian government in Ukraine."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-apologizes-to-ukrainian-community-leader-over-hockey-joke/article17082602/

He apologized for it: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/02/25/justin-trudeau-ukraine-hockey-joke_n_4854756.html

Trudeau is really developing a habit of foot-in-mouth disease.

HVC

You two are the reason we can't have fun politicians.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Trudeau should have replied to the Ukrainian ambassador "Go fuddle duddle yourself, you humorless Yanukovitch toadie." He would have instantly gained my vote.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on February 25, 2014, 11:09:38 PM
Trudeau should have said to the Ukrainian ambassador "Go fuddle duddle yourself, you Yanukovitch toadie." He would have instantly gained my vote.

You constantly remind us why you and people who hold your views should never ever come close to having political power  :hug:

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 11:11:11 PM
You constantly remind us why you and people who hold your views should never ever come close to having political power  :hug:

Yet I am glad a dictator has been removed, for once. Doesn't that count for anything? :(

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on February 25, 2014, 11:12:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 11:11:11 PM

Yet I am glad a dictator has been removed, for once. Doesn't that count for anything? :(

Sure, but the embassador in question wasnt one of his toadies  :P  It was a representative of the opposition that now holds power.

Drakken

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 11:15:19 PM
Sure, but the embassador in question wasnt one of his toadies  :P  It was a representative of the opposition that now holds power.

Oops. Then I stand corrected. I presumed he was a Yanukovitch toadie.

Still, had it been really one nominated by Yanukovitch and he would have said that I'm sure daddy would have proud.  :D

crazy canuck

Quote from: Drakken on February 25, 2014, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 25, 2014, 11:15:19 PM

Oops. Then I stand corrected. I presumed he was a Yanukovitch toadie.

I think we expelled the toadies a little while ago.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 25, 2014, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2014, 06:07:43 PM

There's a babyboom.
check your stats:
http://www.stat.gouv.qc.ca/docs-hmi/statistiques/population-demographie/bilan2013.pdf#page=35

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Wait a minute...  Yanukovich was never a dictator.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37