And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grallon on August 19, 2013, 11:24:09 AM
Quote from: viper37 on August 18, 2013, 10:44:27 AM

I think in time, Canadians will realize the wiseness of our positions.  Often, they already do, they ask the Feds for the same thing we do.  But Canadians have this irrational fear&hatred of seperatists wich blinds them to everything.

That's why in a decentralized country, it doesn't matter.  The US is far more decentralized than Canada, btw.

They don't want to decentralize and they are the majority in this godsdam federation...   It's because of people like you we're stuck in limbo - not going anywhere and remaining under the thumb of foreigners.   <_<

G.

Its this sort of thing that convinces me separatism is built on a lie.

garbon

I'm confused as to how Quebec would suddenly be 'free' if it left Canada. It would be largely dependent (/at the mercy of) on the two major powers around it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2013, 11:48:15 AM
I'm confused as to how Quebec would suddenly be 'free' if it left Canada. It would be largely dependent (/at the mercy of) on the two major powers around it.

Dont burst the bubble.  Grallon's raison d'etre depends on it.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 11:45:15 AM

I think in time, Canadians will realize the wiseness of our positions.  Often, they already do, they ask the Feds for the same thing we do.  But Canadians have this irrational fear&hatred of seperatists wich blinds them to everything.

That's why in a decentralized country, it doesn't matter.  The US is far more decentralized than Canada, btw.

They don't want to decentralize and they are the majority in this godsdam federation...   It's because of people like you we're stuck in limbo - not going anywhere and remaining under the thumb of foreigners.   <_<

G.

It is, it was. It's the time period between the Act of Quebec & the end of la grande noirceur.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: HVC on August 19, 2013, 10:53:12 AM
Small and Medium Business. He's trying to confuse you with accounting talk :P

I know what SMB means.  The rest of it is what makes no sense.
oh, we'll that I can't help you with :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 19, 2013, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 11:45:15 AM

G.

It is, it was. It's the time period between the Act of Quebec & the end of la grande noirceur.

Is that why people like Viper have to find obscure media postings in comment sections of online papers to become enraged.  It is also why Grallon needs to endlessly rant about how the rest of Canada does not like Decentralization based on nothing then his blind faith that his position is in the right?

Grey Fox

I cannot explain Grallon, I don't understand him anymore than you do.

Viper just sees every action by a government to be bad. He's right wing like that. Well, that's my theory.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 11:49:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2013, 11:48:15 AM

Dont burst the bubble.  Grallon's raison d'etre depends on it.

Hell it would actually be more under the thumb of foreigners. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Harper to prorogue Parliament again: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/08/19/pol-harper-commons-prorogation.html

I guess at this point, prorogation is at the "standard procedural manoeuvre" level.

crazy canuck

As stated before, there is no magic in Prorogation.  Its just that when Harper does it, its teh evil

Maximus

It's because of the hidden agenda.

Jacob

I don't think you need to deploy the "it's teh evil" and "hidden agenda" counter battery fire yet :)

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 04:05:50 PM
As stated before, there is no magic in Prorogation.  Its just that when Harper does it, its teh evil

One would expect Harper to be pro rogue.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 19, 2013, 04:32:36 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 04:05:50 PM
One would expect Harper to be pro rogue.
I would think he would play paladins.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 19, 2013, 12:03:22 PM
Is that why people like Viper have to find obscure media postings in comment sections of online papers to become enraged.  It is also why Grallon needs to endlessly rant about how the rest of Canada does not like Decentralization based on nothing then his blind faith that his position is in the right?
Globe&Mail and National Post are obscure media now?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.