News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Now the hidden agenda of changing the Civilization Museum into Canadian History museum has seen the light of day, I hope that this time they don't pass over the conquests like a bunch of fucking pussies that did the last time it was designed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 17, 2012, 09:13:02 AM
Now the hidden agenda of changing the Civilization Museum into Canadian History museum has seen the light of day, I hope that this time they don't pass over the conquests like a bunch of fucking pussies that did the last time it was designed.

They should rename it the General Wolfe Museum of Imposing Civilization on the French.  :P

[Ducks, runs]
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

The Globe and Mail ran a front page editorial today criticizing McGuinty's proroguation of the Legislature.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/commentary/editorials/mcguinty-should-reverse-prorogation-action/article4619905/

When Harper did the same thing last time I was against it, and still am. To prorogue parliament for political reasons is wrong.

I'm not too familiar with the B.C. issue.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Harper has apoligized for nominating a unilingual Auditor General and said it was a mistake.  He will now support the NDP bill about requiring bilinguism for 8 (NDP proposed 10) positions in governement.
http://www.torontosun.com/2012/10/26/stephen-harper-says-appointing-non-bilingual-auditor-general-a-mistake-reports

I don't think Neil will ever vote again for the Conservatives, it will be too much to bear.  CC and BB are probably thinking of voting Liberal in protest.
Talks of seperation as resurfaced in Alberat as of today.  Their faith in the Conservative has been shaken, only maintained by their shared, mad, devotion to an icon 6000 miles away  ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

WTF?  French is a stupid language, and those who speak it need reeducation, not advancement.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I thought you could speak French, Neil.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 26, 2012, 03:51:32 PM
I thought you could speak French, Neil.
Oh no.  Hoisted on my own murderous petard.  How cruel is fate?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on October 26, 2012, 03:40:26 PM
I don't think Neil will ever vote again for the Conservatives, it will be too much to bear.  CC and BB are probably thinking of voting Liberal in protest.

No.  Just no.

And I can't find a single mention of Alberta separatism in the news, and certainly haven't heard it mentioned for a long time.  The original motto of the Reform Party was "The West Wants In" - well we're now so far in we're running the country.   :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Would your office be the one which prosecutes acts of anti-French terrorism?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 26, 2012, 04:45:50 PM

No, that'd probably be handled by Specialized Prosecutions, one floor down.   :(

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2012, 04:48:23 PM
No, that'd probably be handled by Specialized Prosecutions, one floor down.   :(
Sorry man.  :(

Say, do you think they'd let you off if you committed acts of anti-French terror, sort of like cops let each other get away with speeding?

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on October 26, 2012, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 26, 2012, 04:48:23 PM
Sorry man.  :(

Say, do you think they'd let you off if you committed acts of anti-French terror, sort of like cops let each other get away with speeding?

Why would I do that?  I love my French-speaking brothers and sisters.  And since I have no interest in being an Auditor-General this hardly affects me.

Neil

Who knows why you do the things you do?  I'm just asking as a hypothetical.

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to be Auditor General.  It seems like a terrible job.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on October 26, 2012, 03:50:02 PM
WTF?  French is a stupid language, and those who speak it need reeducation, not advancement.

That's a lost cause, we would just bribe ourselves out of it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on October 26, 2012, 03:50:02 PM

Crap. I just bought Rosetta Stone for French.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive