News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Wow. No ethics and no class. Even better.
Que le grand cric me croque !

Jacob

Saw this posted on another forum (no reference to a specific location though):

QuoteI'm in one of the affected ridings. The worst part, and I hope it comes out, is that during the election there were a bunch of calls placed to areas with high aboriginal populations telling them the polling stations had moved or that the election was on another day. A few of the reservations north of me were hit pretty hard by that, and my friend's aunt as well missed the election because of those calls.

I'm oddly okay with the voter fraud as it is. I mean, I can't say I didn't expect this from the Tories. Knowing that they deliberately tried to keep an oppressed group from voting, especially when that oppressed group had to fight for its rights to vote, is what tips me over into incoherent rage.

If true, that's pretty disgusting. I mean, I know Neil will think it's okay, but I don't know about the rest of the Canadians here.

Neil

I do think it's OK.  Aboriginals have no business voting in elections.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on February 28, 2012, 10:47:55 PM

For fucks sake Neil.  Show a little class.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Neil

Quote from: Barrister on February 28, 2012, 10:49:12 PM
What's the point?  It won't help anyone.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2012, 10:22:18 PM
Saw this posted on another forum (no reference to a specific location though):

QuoteI'm in one of the affected ridings. The worst part, and I hope it comes out, is that during the election there were a bunch of calls placed to areas with high aboriginal populations telling them the polling stations had moved or that the election was on another day. A few of the reservations north of me were hit pretty hard by that, and my friend's aunt as well missed the election because of those calls.

I'm oddly okay with the voter fraud as it is. I mean, I can't say I didn't expect this from the Tories. Knowing that they deliberately tried to keep an oppressed group from voting, especially when that oppressed group had to fight for its rights to vote, is what tips me over into incoherent rage.

If true, that's pretty disgusting. I mean, I know Neil will think it's okay, but I don't know about the rest of the Canadians here.

I suspect this is the internetz at work.  I havent heard any media reports of this.

Oexmelin

Are you really still paying attention to Neil?

Barrister

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 29, 2012, 12:45:32 AM

Are you really still paying attention to Neil?

Yes.  I've met him a few times.  I know he's trolling, but the manner in which he trolls sometimes upsets me.   :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on February 28, 2012, 06:36:32 PM
One riding where this went down went Conservative by only 18 votes, which is pretty close. Can Elections Canada force a by election, or is that up to the government?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/politics/article/1138013--robo-calls-listen-to-this-fraudulent-elections-canada-message?bn=1 (apparently there's also a link so you can listen to the call)

And... apparently the phone number that made the robo-calls were registered to one Pierre Poutine of Separatist Street, Joliette, Quebec.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/02/28/pol-robocalls-guelph-pierre-poutine.html?cmp=rss

Heh, sounds like the Conservatives hired 4chan.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 28, 2012, 10:21:32 PM
Wow. No ethics and no class. Even better.

Yeah, if this was done by the Conservatives, I know you have already prejudged but I am waiting to see, then it will reveal a revelation of character that is simply not acceptable.

But I have to say this is sounding more and more like something a young Neil would pull off independant of any political party.

Oexmelin

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 29, 2012, 10:08:02 AM
But I have to say this is sounding more and more like something a young Neil would pull off independant of any political party.

Then that young Neil would need to have access to funds for the companies which sent the calls, access to the electoral lists, and either contacts who coincidentally had similar ideas in other ridings, or a sufficient authority to coordinate such an effort in different ridings. That does not seem like it fits the profile of the 23 y.o. who was conveniently fired.

HVC

The conservatives think vikileaks is a more pressing matter and will be interrogating the guy who got caught. Meanwhile the guy who quit over the election scandal goes untouched.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Oexmelin on February 29, 2012, 10:31:14 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 29, 2012, 10:08:02 AM

Then that young Neil would need to have access to funds for the companies which sent the calls, access to the electoral lists, and either contacts who coincidentally had similar ideas in other ridings, or a sufficient authority to coordinate such an effort in different ridings. That does not seem like it fits the profile of the 23 y.o. who was conveniently fired.

All of which if pretty easy to do for a young misguided Neil.

Oexmelin

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 29, 2012, 10:41:53 AMAll of which if pretty easy to do for a young misguided Neil.

How would he raise the money?