News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Jack's cancer is back. :(

Not sure what this will mean for the NDP.  It seems to me Jack was a large part of the moderating glue holding it all together.  Hope he beats again - and soon.

Barrister

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/jack-layton-steps-aside-temporarily-after-second-cancer-diagnosis/article2108871/

Well.

:mellow:

I'm no Jack Layton fan, but I certainly not so partisan as to wish cancer on anyone.  Contrary to what CC said, it sounds not that Jack's cancer is back, but that he has a new cancer.  Which is too bad, as prostate cancer is fairly treatable, but the talk of surgery on his hip, and complaints of stiffness and pain, could be a much more serious cancer.  :(

Hurry back Jack.  It won't be nearly as much fun to beat the NDP like a drum without you as the leader.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josephus

Yeah, sad news. Not so optimistic that he'll recover very soon either.  :( We'll see.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2011, 05:50:30 PM
Contrary to what CC said, it sounds not that Jack's cancer is back, but that he has a new cancer. 

The news report I read said the nature of the cancer was undisclosed.  To be grammatically correct I should have said - Jack has cancer again -  which leaves open the possibility his previous form of cancer has returned or he has a new form of cancer.  This is languish after all.

In any event I admire him for making a public announcement in this way.  He looks like hell and it cant have been easy for him to do but he showed a lot of pluck doing it.  Layton +1

Neil

He looks awful.  I worry about him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

He does look awful.  It seems Thomas Mulclair will be NDP Chief sooner than expected.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

BuddhaRhubarb

:( ya sad news. I hope he can fight it.
:p

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Palisadoes

Woah, I've just seen some pictures. He looks so thin! I hope he gets well.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on July 26, 2011, 12:22:45 PM
He looks zombie like :(

A zombie would starve to death in parliament.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2011, 02:01:00 PM

Cause there's no brains to eat?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Malthus

Quote from: Josephus on July 26, 2011, 03:09:16 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 26, 2011, 02:01:00 PM

Cause there's no brains to eat?

If I explain it, it isn't funny - but yeah, that's the punchline.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius