News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

It will effect Alberta and the BC interior - but a lot of what flows through the Port of Vancouver to central Canada and the Maritimes goes though the US rail system and particularly through Chicago.  That transportation link can take up any loss of transport that otherwise would have stayed on the Canadian rail system.

crazy canuck

Medical supplies, medications, perishable food - going to be in short supply in the Okanagan and points East. 

It is probably all going to have to be trucked through Washington State and then up into the Okanagan where it can be distributed from there to the rest of Eastern BC and Alberta.

Valmy

Finally the internet produces top tier Canadian history content: https://youtu.be/QLq6GEiHqR8
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on December 06, 2021, 07:42:32 PM
Finally the internet produces top tier Canadian history content: https://youtu.be/QLq6GEiHqR8

too bad there can't be endless debates on this one, like other conflicts of the era :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Oh I am quite done dealing with the Hortlund impression you guys are doing :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Finally the importance of the Pig War is recognized!

Loved the humour. 

HVC

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 07, 2021, 03:15:35 PM
Finally the importance of the Pig War is recognized!

Loved the humour. 

You should watch the others if you haven't. Napoleon is my fav
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

These weather jokes always do it for me :D

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

I'm just laughing at Alberta these days. LOL -50. LOL
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Quote from: Josephus on December 28, 2021, 07:13:40 AM
I'm just laughing at Alberta these days. LOL -50. LOL

BB can't answer, he's frozen solid :(

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on December 27, 2021, 07:59:55 PM
These weather jokes always do it for me :D

You failed to come and get your snow - it is still here.  Invoice for late pick up charges will be sent.

saskganesh

I loved Vancouver when it snowed. Preparations are essentially: 1) make a phone call to Calgary, 2) Calgary puts snow ploughs on a train (this is a long standing agreement), and 3) wait 24 hours until the train shows up in Terminal City.

In the meantime, everything shuts down. It's a Snow Day for adults.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

I have received a copy of Toronto's snow plan in the mail, but I have not read it, as it cannot compare to the magnificence of Winnipeg's, which is like Von Manstein on ice (what a crazy metaphor).
humans were created in their own image

viper37

Quote from: saskganesh on December 31, 2021, 04:02:24 PM
I have received a copy of Toronto's snow plan in the mail,
Step 1: DO NOT PANIC. Everything is under control.
Step 2: Call in the army.
;)

Jacob

Quote from: saskganesh on December 31, 2021, 03:58:15 PM
I loved Vancouver when it snowed. Preparations are essentially: 1) make a phone call to Calgary, 2) Calgary puts snow ploughs on a train (this is a long standing agreement), and 3) wait 24 hours until the train shows up in Terminal City.

In the meantime, everything shuts down. It's a Snow Day for adults.

Really? I never knew that... but it kind of makes sense.

Good thing the rail link was restored after the recent floods, then.