And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 29, 2016, 10:34:19 AM
Them? That's all Harper's fault!
Only the Indian problem.  I'm saddened it worsen under the Conservatives, but to be honest, they tried to fix the problem.  The Libs are only talking about it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Hot damn!
La Cour du Québec has just delivered it's verdict: photo radar are illegal because they provide a second hand judgement on the infraction.  The device isn't verified by a qualified person and none can verify the speed limits or the conditions at the place of the infraction because the policemen delivering the infraction isn't physically there.
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

That will throw a serious wrench in the government's financial strategy though, if the Appeals court upholds the verdict.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

PRC

Syt

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 08:31:52 AMThe device isn't verified by a qualified person

Well, yeah, each automated photo radar needs to be certified as being in precise working order. Is nobody doing that in Quebec?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Syt on November 30, 2016, 11:00:55 AM
Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 08:31:52 AMThe device isn't verified by a qualified person

Well, yeah, each automated photo radar needs to be certified as being in precise working order. Is nobody doing that in Quebec?

Maybe, maybe not. The police know, not telling us. It might impact their revenu stream.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Probably a union job. So probably no, no one is doing their job in that regard
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Grey Fox

Quote from: HVC on November 30, 2016, 11:44:27 AM

All Police jobs are Union Jobs.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 30, 2016, 12:49:57 PM

RCMP is not unionized. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2016, 12:51:48 PM

:hmm: The crazy bastards.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on November 30, 2016, 12:51:48 PM

The only reason is that the law forbidding them to unionize was just recently struck down  :contract:

viper37

PRC

Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 05:05:56 PM

Yes, that is why we have more accidents...

We have more accidents because of distracted driving, texting & celphones and in-car dashboard apps.

viper37

Quote from: PRC on November 30, 2016, 05:08:03 PM
Quote from: viper37 on November 30, 2016, 05:05:56 PM

Yes, that is why we have more accidents...

We have more accidents because of distracted driving, texting & celphones and in-car dashboard apps.
And photo radars don't fix that?  Damn!  We were lied to!  Again!

crazy canuck

I find the way the NDP is handling the pipeline issue to be very interesting.  I don't envy the Federal NDP at all.  In BC the NDP is strongly against all the piplines.  In Alberta the NDP are strongly in favour and it was their initiatives on capping emissions that were cited by the Federal Liberals as a big reason for approving 2 out of the 3 proposals.  I am not sure what the view in Ontario and Quebec are about the pipelines running to the Pacific - or even if this is registering as a story out East.

Grey Fox

The Weenimentalist are pissed off that we're still exploiting tar sands oil.

The Separatist are happy that the federal government keeps helping everyone but Quebec.