News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 15, 2015, 10:42:39 AM
You should not vote for religious people. Ever, in all situation.
Afaik, there's no atheist campaigning as leader of his party.  Harper is the worst of the bunch on this aspect, but the other 2 are respectively, a moron and a liar.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

There's a winner for the best cartoon right now :P

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

The nice thing about following this thread all these years is I actually understand the joke now.

It is...kind of funny.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The funniest part is the notion of Harper as an innocent, happy and sweet little red riding hood.  ;) That's so opposite to his well-known public persona ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

So there's a debate on apparently tonight....I think one out of my 500 channels may be carrying it  :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Watching.

It is interesting how much the Liberals and NDP have switched places.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Watched parts of it online at the Globe site.  The moderator didn't do a very good job.  Apparently the Liberal strategy was for Justin to talk over everyone so as to avoid scrutiny of his policies.  I didn't learn anything of substance that would help inform my vote with the exception that both the NDP and Liberals want to increase payroll taxes. 

Josephus

I agree with you about the moderator...he lost the plot early on. At one point early on, he tried to stop Mulcair from saying something, but Mulcair basically said, "shut the fuck up and let me finish"

I agree also that Trudeau came out a bit brash, but he seemed to be on the defensive a lot since he's the only one wanting to take on spending.

Mulcair had one too many smug comments.

I think this debate pushed me into the Trudeau camp a bit.

Grey Fox

The Liberal & NDP's position on the Niqad are just freaking crazy. These people are going to make me vote BQ.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Only the Conservatives can do something about it.  Join me, and together we shall rule the Empir... err, I mean, the country!

crazy canuck

Here is a good piece in the Globe describing how the election is going in BC with some emphasis on my riding of North Vancouver as a swing riding the Liberals could take.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/bc-election/article26442406/?service=mobile

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

I guess the Gretzky endorsement actually helped.  CBC's poll of polls (not to be confused with the poll of poles) gives the Conservatives their first lead of the campaign, albeit my a razor-thin 0.7%.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/poll-tracker/2015/index.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PRC

Gretzky isn't even allowed to vote in this election.