News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[Canada] Canadian Politics Redux

Started by Josephus, March 22, 2011, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

India tried to kill a Sikh separatist in NY.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 12:06:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2024, 11:45:37 AMYou said this:

"I think it is active in Canada, but nothing (at least in public) tying it to any violence in Canada.  Most importantly though - it has close ties to India's ruling BJP Party."

I said I was surprised you found nothing because a simple google search turned up a number of hits indicating a great deal of publicly expressed concern that the group is tied to violence in Canada.

I have gone through your article at length.  It says RSS is tied to violence in India, and the authors are concerned it is active in Canada.

QuoteYour post was incorrect, and I corrected it.  If that is a problem for you, I am not sure what I can do.  I am not surprised that you might not have heard about all the concerns being expressed in the last couple of years, since you live in Edmonton.  But you should not assert there is nothing in the public sphere linking the group to violence in Canada by way of criticism of what Singh did simply because you are unaware of what has been happening and publicly commented on.

Fuck you.

I spent all afternoon yesterday dealing trying to help this rather nice Sikh fellow and his family get a compensation order as a result of being the victim in a dangerous driving incident.  There's a huge south asian community in Edmonton.  Don't try to act like Edmonton is Mayberry.

My statement was a reference to the fact that the Lower Mainland of BC is home to a much larger concentration of South Asians than Edmonton. As a result the concerns of the community here gets a lot more air time.  I assumed that is why you had not heard much about the organization.  It has been on our talk radio stations since at least the murder Nijjar.  If you want to assume I meant something else, that is on you.

You are correct, the article I linked was talking about violence in India, but it also mentioned the concern that the ideology of the organization (and particularly its fascist roots) would inevitably result in violence in Canada.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2024, 01:17:16 PMMy statement was a reference to the fact that the Lower Mainland of BC is home to a much larger concentration of South Asians than Edmonton. As a result the concerns of the community here gets a lot more air time.  I assumed that is why you had not heard much about the organization.  It has been on our talk radio stations since at least the murder Nijjar.  If you want to assume I meant something else, that is on you.

You meant to imply that I, as the resident of the yokel backwater town of Edmonton, would have little experience with South Asian issues.  You were mistaken.

I have several South Asian co-workers.  We have a south Asian judge (Sikh in fact - I don't ask most south Asian people which community they belong to, but this one I know).  I prosecute South Asian people regularly. 

Fuck - there's been a long-standing EPS investigation into organized crime involving south asians.  It has gotten to the point that I wonder if it involves the Indian government - though let me be clear I'm not a specialized OC prosecutor, and I have no specific knowledge on that (massive) file.

I love the "this is on you".  This is why you're such a bad-faith person to communicate with.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 12:41:01 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 18, 2024, 12:30:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 12:14:50 PM'semi-witting or witting participants" in foreign interference activities.
CSIS is unwilling to divulge their sources publicly.

As well they shouldn't.

QuotePP is unwilling to compromise one of his electoral base and lose financial support.

All he has to do is get the clearance, get the list of compromised or targeted MPs, Senators, candidates and clean up his party.  He will simply not sign their documents pertaining to their candidacy for the next election and they will go out quietly.  End of story.

So are you suggesting that part of Poilievre's base is either Chinese voters, or Indian(or Sikh) voters?  While the Conservatives have support in both groups, so do the Liberals and I don't see either as possibly being a "electoral base".

Otherwise - spell this out more literally for me please.
The Liberal Party relies on Sikh voters and money for their support.

The Conservative Party relies on Indian voters and money.  They do not want to be seen as being pro-Sikh or anti-Modi for fear of alienating part of their new base.

Just after India's diplomates were expelled, Poilièvre attended a Diawali event with India's high commissioner as if nothing happened.  He has also remained very silent on the matter, for a leader of the opposition.

Something does not add up here.

He needs to get his security clearance and clear up the air around his party.  This is smelling like Trump and Russia.  We need to know who's involved with who in our political parties, or at least, be certain they won't be at the next election.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 18, 2024, 01:17:16 PMMy statement was a reference to the fact that the Lower Mainland of BC is home to a much larger concentration of South Asians than Edmonton. As a result the concerns of the community here gets a lot more air time.  I assumed that is why you had not heard much about the organization.  It has been on our talk radio stations since at least the murder Nijjar.  If you want to assume I meant something else, that is on you.

You meant to imply that I, as the resident of the yokel backwater town of Edmonton, would have little experience with South Asian issues.  You were mistaken.

I have several South Asian co-workers.  We have a south Asian judge (Sikh in fact - I don't ask most south Asian people which community they belong to, but this one I know).  I prosecute South Asian people regularly. 

Fuck - there's been a long-standing EPS investigation into organized crime involving south asians.  It has gotten to the point that I wonder if it involves the Indian government - though let me be clear I'm not a specialized OC prosecutor, and I have no specific knowledge on that (massive) file.

I love the "this is on you".  This is why you're such a bad-faith person to communicate with.

I certainly did not intend to imply that. And the fact you think so is definitely on you. 

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2024, 08:06:40 AMAnd the fact you think so is definitely on you. 

You were right Grey Fox.

:frusty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

Quote from: viper37 on October 18, 2024, 04:42:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 12:41:01 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 18, 2024, 12:30:44 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 18, 2024, 12:14:50 PM'semi-witting or witting participants" in foreign interference activities.
CSIS is unwilling to divulge their sources publicly.

As well they shouldn't.

QuotePP is unwilling to compromise one of his electoral base and lose financial support.

All he has to do is get the clearance, get the list of compromised or targeted MPs, Senators, candidates and clean up his party.  He will simply not sign their documents pertaining to their candidacy for the next election and they will go out quietly.  End of story.

So are you suggesting that part of Poilievre's base is either Chinese voters, or Indian(or Sikh) voters?  While the Conservatives have support in both groups, so do the Liberals and I don't see either as possibly being a "electoral base".

Otherwise - spell this out more literally for me please.
The Liberal Party relies on Sikh voters and money for their support.

The Conservative Party relies on Indian voters and money.  They do not want to be seen as being pro-Sikh or anti-Modi for fear of alienating part of their new base.

Just after India's diplomates were expelled, Poilièvre attended a Diawali event with India's high commissioner as if nothing happened.  He has also remained very silent on the matter, for a leader of the opposition.

Something does not add up here.

He needs to get his security clearance and clear up the air around his party.  This is smelling like Trump and Russia.  We need to know who's involved with who in our political parties, or at least, be certain they won't be at the next election.

I don't think that is accurate.  The support for the Conservative Party amongst Sikh's in the lower mainland of B.C. is high.  It is one of the reasons Conservative candidates have historically done well in Ridings where there is a significant Sikh population.

As another example, if the B.C. Conservatives win the hotly contested ridings in Surrey in the provincial election today, it will be because they get a lot of support in the Sikh community.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on October 19, 2024, 08:12:00 AM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 19, 2024, 08:06:40 AMAnd the fact you think so is definitely on you. 

You were right Grey Fox.

:frusty:

BB you have convinced yourself I had an intention I told you I did not have.

If you are not willing to accept that I did not have that intention, that is definitely on you.

I have taken the time to explain to you, twice, that you have misread my intention.  And what I get is this cheap internet insult.

crazy canuck

The BC election result should give the Federal Conservatives a lot of confidence that they will flip a number of ridings in this province.

Grey Fox

I don't understand the anglosphere anymore, if I ever did. It's all revenge fantasies and grifters that get elected.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zoupa

Quebec once again proving less racist than the rest of Canada. Strangely, I'm yet to see an article about it in the various anglo publications that regularly francobash. So weird. Must be an oversight.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

crazy canuck

People in Quebec may view immigration more favourably because Quebec has more control over immigration than any other province.

The rest of have to live with the mistakes made by the Liberals over the last few years.

Zoupa

Quote from: crazy canuck on Today at 08:26:27 AMPeople in Quebec may view immigration more favourably because Quebec has more control over immigration than any other province.

The rest of have to live with the mistakes made by the Liberals over the last few years.

No, that's not it. I think we need to examine why white anglophone Canadians are so inherently racists. It must be something about culture or language. You guys need to open yourself up to the world more. Nationalism and ethnostate thinking is a thing of the past. Join us in the 21st century, anglos.