Main Menu

Auschwitz / Poland / Anti Semitism

Started by alfred russel, March 22, 2011, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2011, 03:44:04 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:32:55 PM
Wut? Where do you get the entertainment angle from?
I thought it was some sort of campy football fan thing.  These guys really do express their desire for a Fascist state through which team they choose to root for?

We're talking ultras here, hooligans, not the regular fans. People who live and die for that shit.

Hardcore NFL fans just get plastered at the game & pick on someone wearing the other team's jersey.  Politics never enter into it, so I'm with Valmy-- mixing extremist politics & sports seems bizarre.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Slargos

Quote from: derspiess on March 23, 2011, 04:00:35 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:53:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2011, 03:44:04 PM
Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:32:55 PM
Wut? Where do you get the entertainment angle from?
I thought it was some sort of campy football fan thing.  These guys really do express their desire for a Fascist state through which team they choose to root for?

We're talking ultras here, hooligans, not the regular fans. People who live and die for that shit.

Hardcore NFL fans just get plastered at the game & pick on someone wearing the other team's jersey.  Politics never enter into it, so I'm with Valmy-- mixing extremist politics & sports seems bizarre.

You've got wars and gang violence to occupy the parts of your population with a violent streak. We need some sort of safety valve, and football is basically it.

The Larch

That reads "Auschwitz is your nation, the ovens are your houses"

That reads "Honour for The Tiger Arkan" (a Serbian war criminal)

Those are all scenes from Lazio matches. Those guys mean their crap.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

That reads "Happy birthday Stalin"

That reads "Tito taught us, the foiba is not a crime". The foibe massacres happened in Istria between '43 and '49, when Yugoslav partisans targeted Italians in the area.

Those are all from Livorno matches.

Josquius

Ah. So not so much communists as red fascists then.
Doesn't seem too political to me. Just 'LOL, this is offensive hence it is cool'.
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on March 23, 2011, 04:29:40 PM

:huh:

Are there any other kinds?

Ed Anger

Looks like I'll need to look up a Lazio match on Fox Soccer Channel. Maybe they'll set the stadium on fire.

Josquius

Quote from: Slargos on March 23, 2011, 04:30:30 PM

:huh:

Are there any other kinds?
In these post-Stalin days its rare communists have much good to say about the man.
They're generally naiive idiots, not evil 'lol, wasnt it funny when the Ukrainians starved?' types.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Doesn't seem too political to me. Just 'LOL, this is offensive hence it is cool'.

:D
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 23, 2011, 04:31:53 PM
Looks like I'll need to look up a Lazio match on Fox Soccer Channel. Maybe they'll set the stadium on fire.

Try to watch the Lazio - Roma derby, that's when they pump it up to 11.

Edit: Woops, it seems they already played the game a couple of weeks ago. You'll have to wait until next season for another one.

Ed Anger

It isn't soccer until 50 fans die in the stands.