News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Auschwitz / Poland / Anti Semitism

Started by alfred russel, March 22, 2011, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2011, 06:13:44 PM
Fortunately (for some strange reason) there are no Jews around in Poland to be offended by all of that swastika graffiti. :)

There is more and more people these days who admit to their Jewish ancestors, and a group (I would say under 100,000) of religious Orthodox Jews. One of the reformed rabbis in Warsaw is actually gay. :P

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on March 22, 2011, 07:22:33 PM
Does Sahib have severe issues?  He doesn't seem to... :hmm:

There was something but I can't remember what. Maybe he was a tomatocow.  :hmm:

Sapora(sp?) certainly had issues as well. But then, they all chose to post here, so... /shrug
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Habbaku on March 22, 2011, 02:54:03 PM
That sort of thing happens in Italy, too.  There are pictures of the Lazio and Livorno (I think those are the two) teams waving Nazi and USSR flags, respectively, as part of their rivalry.

Livorno and Lazio are probably the two more heavily politized football teams in Italy, to the extreme left and right respectively.

That's Paolo Di Canio, former striker of Lazio and hard core fascist, giving the raised arm to the Lazio ultras after a match.

That's Cristiano Lucarelli, former striker of Livorno and hard core communist, who used to raise his fist every time he scored.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

Ah Di Canio, he's one of those players who have their own song. "Fuck off Di Canio, Fuck off Di Canio" (ad infinitum) to the tune of La donna e mobile.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 05:48:11 AM
Livorno and Lazio are probably the two more heavily politized football teams in Italy, to the extreme left and right respectively.

So it's extreme politics for entertainment?  Pretending to be a communist might be sorta fun.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 23, 2011, 03:17:39 AM
There is more and more people these days who admit to their Jewish ancestors, and a group (I would say under 100,000) of religious Orthodox Jews. One of the reformed rabbis in Warsaw is actually gay. :P

Is this gay gypsy jew rabbi secretly running Poland?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2011, 02:44:32 PM

So it's extreme politics for entertainment?  Pretending to be a communist might be sorta fun.

Wut? Where do you get the entertainment angle from?

Malthus

Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:32:55 PM

The issue is - is this some sort of sincere expression of actual political views, or is it akin to the singer Maddona's use of religious imagry?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2011, 04:22:55 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on March 22, 2011, 02:47:01 PM
Over the weekend I visited Auschwitz. After the guide was telling me about the deaths of some Polish prisoners, I asked him why I see swastika graffitti in Poland.

He said, "I think it is just a misunderstanding. For example, I am a soccer fan. The two biggest teams in Krakow are rivals. The first team refers to the others' supporters as dogs. The second team refers to the others' supporters as jews. These people don't understand what they are saying - it is a misunderstanding."

Martinus, as these people are your countrymen, can you provide any insight for us?

Welcome to Poland.

Incidentally, there is only one insult these people see to be worse than "Jew". Wanna wager what it is?

Polack?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Larch

Quote from: Malthus on March 23, 2011, 03:37:55 PM

The issue is - is this some sort of sincere expression of actual political views, or is it akin to the singer Maddona's use of religious imagry?

It is sincere. The city of Livorno is a bastion of communism in Italy (it's where the Italian Communist Party was founded), and Lazio has a long standing association with post-fascist movements.

Valmy

I thought it was some sort of campy football fan thing.  These guys really do express their desire for a Fascist state through which team they choose to root for?

Valmy

Quote from: The Larch on March 23, 2011, 03:43:46 PM
It is sincere. The city of Livorno is a bastion of communism in Italy (it's where the Italian Communist Party was founded), and Lazio has a long standing association with post-fascist movements.

Ok that is just disturbing.

The Larch

Quote from: Valmy on March 23, 2011, 03:44:04 PM
I thought it was some sort of campy football fan thing.  These guys really do express their desire for a Fascist state through which team they choose to root for?

We're talking ultras here, hooligans, not the regular fans. People who live and die for that shit.

The Brain

And remember that in Italy both Communists and Fascists are mainstream.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.