News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Auschwitz / Poland / Anti Semitism

Started by alfred russel, March 22, 2011, 02:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

But to answer your question. I think ordinary Poles do realize that neonazis are tards. But they (the older generation) also (secretly) thinks that "Jews had it coming". It is less and less politically correct to say that, but the undercurrent is still there, like a sewage running underneath.

Martinus

For the record, there is a lot of "justification" for continuing antisemitism after WW2 coming from the fact that allegedly many Jews joined the communist party post WW2. As far as I am concerned, being a gay man in Poland, I know that if I lived through 10% of what Jews had to live through in Poland - not just the Holocaust (during which your lovely Polish neighbours would turn you in - not even hoping for a reward but out of spite) but also during the pre-war period, I would fucking join any communist party to get my revenge on this brutish nation.

Ed Anger

Everybody seemed so nice in Gdansk. Then again, I hid in the hotel until it was time to bug out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 04:42:59 PM
Everybody seemed so nice in Gdansk. Then again, I hid in the hotel until it was time to bug out.

Two thirds of Poles are rural folk. Think Deliverance with a Holocaust/pogrom vibe. City folk are incomparably better.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2011, 04:44:18 PM
Think Deliverance with a Holocaust/pogrom vibe.

Great, I just envisioned Hans Frank raping Ned Beatty.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 22, 2011, 04:26:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2011, 04:25:22 PM

Welcome to Poland.

Incidentally, there is only one insult these people see to be worse than "Jew". Wanna wager what it is?
:

FAG

I was gonna guess "American".

;)

Caliga

Fortunately (for some strange reason) there are no Jews around in Poland to be offended by all of that swastika graffiti. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

I've never known a Pole who didn't have severe issues.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Quote from: Neil on March 22, 2011, 06:49:46 PM
I've never known a Pole who didn't have severe issues.
Same here.  Of course, the only Pole I know is Martinus, so I guess that's a gimme.

Caliga

Does Sahib have severe issues?  He doesn't seem to... :hmm:

I've never known any Polish people in real life.  I've known a number of Polish-Americans but I don't think it makes sense to try to equate them with actual Poles.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Hmm, good point.  It's so easy to forget about sane Poles when Martinus posts.

Tamas

Marty's analysis is good, and since it applies to Hungary 100%, I assume it applies to Eastern Europe in general.

The term "jew" is an insult-word for the plebs here, and, in general, is used on people who are more successful than they are.

Crash course in east euro plebs vocabulary:
gypsy: someone poorer who endangers his wealth, and/or lazier than he is.
jew: someone more successful, and/or who is less lazy than him
gay: liberal intelligentsia

Grinning_Colossus

What do you do if you're a poor, lazy, jewish, homosexual member of the intelligentsia?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tamas

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 23, 2011, 03:02:14 AM
What do you do if you're a poor, lazy, jewish, homosexual member of the intelligentsia?

Get beaten up by nazi thugs?

Slargos

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2011, 02:57:56 AM
Marty's analysis is good, and since it applies to Hungary 100%, I assume it applies to Eastern Europe in general.

The term "jew" is an insult-word for the plebs here, and, in general, is used on people who are more successful than they are.

Crash course in east euro plebs vocabulary:
gypsy: someone poorer who endangers his wealth, and/or lazier than he is.
jew: someone more successful, and/or who is less lazy than him
gay: liberal intelligentsia

:lol:

Are you: Gay Gypsy?