News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2012, 10:52:16 AM
Yeah that's why I asked as it makes no sense. Though how many provinces are there in Cornwall/Brittany? I know the former has 2 and the latter is 3 or 4? Depending on how many, you'd be just at 50% or one province short if you conquer all of Wales.

Certainly it was too easy to form Wales. Gwynedd can do it as soon as they've saved up enough cash/piety.

I guess the idea here is that most players who played either Wales or Britanny tended to try to combine them but I hate the idea of non-historical de jure kingdoms.  Really Britanny and Wales should not be in any de jure Kingdom and Cornwall has never not been part of the Kingdom of England, the fact it was a little culturally different shouldn't make any difference.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2012, 10:41:27 AM
But it makes no sense historically.  Those regions never were considered part of a singular realm...well ok Cornwall and Wales were back in the Saxon vs. Britons days but come on.

Tell that to the Breton house De Rennes in my game.  :mad:  :lol:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

The pink bit in France is an outlier of the Duchy of Hereford, btw. England/France have been falling apart and regrouping in various constellations for the past 100 years or so.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on March 06, 2012, 12:45:38 PM
Tell that to the Breton house De Rennes in my game.  :mad:  :lol:

Heh.  Actually that combo if not uncommon in the actual game which I guess is why they decided to just make it official.

Even so it is silly to combine all the Britons into one Kingdom and then call it 'Wales'.

I noticed the Count of La Mancha will be called Name of La Mancha so you can be 'Man of La Mancha' but not 'Don Quixote de La Mancha'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 05, 2012, 06:49:12 PM
In my Duke of Mesopotamia game an Austrian count (of Bohemian ethnicity) inherited a strong Kingdom of Poland and has stayed loyal to the Emperor. The HRE which has been quite stable this game is an absolute beast and is currently fighting the Cumans for Crimea.

They'll be pushed back after they lose an army at Sarai.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Maximus

The Golden Horde have come and gone in my Moskva game. They are very strong, but brittle. They seem to have some event that gives them 80k horsemen when they declare war. They were beating me handily even when I had 4/3 numerical superiority. However they have no ability to raise new troops so once those armies are destroyed, they're done.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2012, 10:55:22 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 10:53:18 AM
Started up a game as Navarra and immediately married Matilda of Toscana and married of my numerous brothers and sisters to the Royal Houses of England and the HRE. Got a claim on the county of Aragon within a year and conquered Zargoza.

Matilda is the new Agnes of Aquitaine of CK1 1066 fame I take it.
Only if you're a King, I never got a yes from her as a Duke. On the other hand the Kaiser's sister is willing to marry a Duke and she brings an alliance with the HRE with her.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 03:36:36 PM
In my Duke of Mesopotamia game an Austrian count (of Bohemian ethnicity) inherited a strong Kingdom of Poland and has stayed loyal to the Emperor. The HRE which has been quite stable this game is an absolute beast and is currently fighting the Cumans for Crimea.

Nope, they won the Crimea.  :sleep:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

So did Manstein.  IT AIN'T OVER.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on March 06, 2012, 06:47:57 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 06:18:56 PM

So did Manstein.  IT AIN'T OVER.
Yeah, but here the Kings of Poland and Bohemia are loyal vassals to the Empire. :contract:

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

I had the votes for Henry the Lion to become Kaiser and some bishop got him thrown into gaol and he dies one month later. I COULD BEEN A CONTENDA.

Now a chick rules Saxony and everybody hates bleeders.

:weep:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2012, 08:38:43 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM
then when the Shia went after me...they fell into a nasty succession fight, allowing me to manage to take over Aden on the other side of the Red Sea (After they tried to pile on).  Once I regained enough of Axum, it seems that the low-supply desert provinces of northern Axum were a good place to wear down (with attrition) the Shia doom-stacks before knocking them off.

Yeah you have to hope something like this happens.  Having no tech and few soldiers makes it difficult but I am glad you have been able to do it.

If Aden attacked you how exactly were you able to take over their provinces :hmm:?

Good point. :hmm:

My memory must suck and I went after them as the only viable target while the Shia were still too strong.  It would have been revenge conquest though, as I do distinctly remember them being drug into a war (again likely by the Shia, by alliance or a holy war pile on), and I had not realized before that one could send troops across the Red Sea without boats until they did it.  :P

jimmy olsen

Gonna download steam and install CKDV on my work computer.  :sleep:

1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

I am back to the game after a short break.

Why can't I revoke any titles from someone who I have in my prison after he lost a war to overthrow me?  Are there only special revolts that allow you to revoke titles?

Habbaku

Crown Authority being too low, I'm guessing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien