News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 05, 2012, 07:05:40 PM
then when the Shia went after me...they fell into a nasty succession fight, allowing me to manage to take over Aden on the other side of the Red Sea (After they tried to pile on).  Once I regained enough of Axum, it seems that the low-supply desert provinces of northern Axum were a good place to wear down (with attrition) the Shia doom-stacks before knocking them off.

Yeah you have to hope something like this happens.  Having no tech and few soldiers makes it difficult but I am glad you have been able to do it.

If Aden attacked you how exactly were you able to take over their provinces :hmm:?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2012, 03:18:17 AM
One small problem I've noticed....so damn many kings getting called "the cruel", many of which never having done much particularly bad.

Many of the nicknames are based on traits. I think there's a chance of getting it when you are wroth.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Preliminary 1.04 changelog (it's due out this Friday):

QuoteMAJOR:
- Revised the Message Setting system
- Religion groups are now marked playable in the religion file (no more hard coded rule)
- AI: Improved marriage acceptance. Smarter about "Desires Better Alliance". Values prestige gain or loss higher.
- Added some useful status info to the delayed character tooltip (similar to the info in debug mode)
- Cooldown added to excommunications (only for the same Pope though)
- Doubled the flanking damage bonus in combat
- Increased the flank leader Martial skill bonus in combat by 50%
- Nerfed taxes given by bishops to Anti-Popes by 50%
- Holy Orders now cost maintenance if you're in at least one offensive, non-Crusade war
- Halved all peasant revolt risk factors
- Added an "Isolated County" revolt risk modifier and cut the special events that used to simulate it
- Peasant Army size is now determined by the biggest holding garrison size (so they will always be dangerous)
- The Succession War CBs now have the proper success outcome
- Fixed a bug with the usurpation of titles that would hand over all vassals too
- AI: More wary of expensive assassinations
- AI: Fixed some issues with the correct Casus Belli choice
- AI: Tweaked vassal revolt risk to depend more on ambition from traits
- The duchies of Cornwall and Brittany are now de jure part of the Kingdom of Wales
- Buffed the Caliphates and the Seljuks. Nerfed the Byzantines.
- Added vassal Seljuk mercs; the Ghilman
- Now shows a portrait of the target in available player plots
- Hooked in missing plot icon in available player plots

MINOR:
- Upped the chances of dying due to disease a little bit
- Increased the effects of the genius, quick, slow, imbecile and inbred traits
- Reduced the levy size effect of some of the "recently occupied" modifiers
- Nominated bishops are now properly disinherited at once
- Combat events will not happen until three days into a combat (to avoid commander deaths and such when overrunning tiny forces)
- When an Anti-Pope is installed in Rome, the old Pope no longer becomes an Anti-Pope
- Waived the opinion penalty for held elector titles for elective duchies and below
- Fixed a CTD issue that could occur in tooltips when hovering over Holding modifiers as they expire
- Vassal mercs can now always be employed by their liege, no matter their religion
- Scaled wealth effects and triggers are now based on nominal peacetime income
- Fixed an error in the opinion warning when banishing characters (not the correct figure.)
- The game will now also auto-generate an appropriate number of traits for children with not enough scripted traits
- Added a text warning/explanation for DoW on a revolter
- Traits are now read from multiple files, facilitating modding
- Fixed an issue with event ids in a namespace
- Fixed an issue with flipping "random god names" tooltips in fire event effect tooltips
- Fixed a bug with the decision 'Demand Duchy from liege' with duke tier lieges (should not be available)
- Fixed a tooltip issue with the "any" type event triggers
- Better tooltips for event triggers 'higher_tier_than' and 'lower_tier_than'
- Re-enabled selection of the same type of plot again for players
- Fixed an issue with save/reload of the last selected plot/ambition
- Fixed an issue with protected inheritance not always working under Gavelkind
- Exported MAX_ELECTOR_TITLES_LEGALLY_HELD to defines
- Exported the max duchies held opinion penalty to defines
- Exported the tax penalty for bishops loyal to the Pope or Anti-Pope to the defines
- The "recently conquered" holding penalties are no longer applied during civil wars or wars between vassals
- AI: Fixed a bug where the AI would grant titles to vassal mercs
- Added 'same_guardian' trigger
- Slightly nerfed William of Normandy's initial army size
- Switched the portraits of Harold and William the Conqueror
- Changed some title colors to conform better to their cultural region
- Added proper history for the Prince-Bishopric of Agen
- The Earl of Atholl is now a _legitimate_ bastard

Valmy

QuoteBuffed the Caliphates and the Seljuks. Nerfed the Byzantines.

Poor Ethiopians  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josquius

the most pressing question about the patch....
can it be applied without ruining in progress games?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on March 06, 2012, 09:28:54 AM

yes, or so I read

Ed Anger

Just when I started my Welf Über Alles game too.  <_<
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on March 06, 2012, 09:29:23 AM

yes, or so I read

Lies.  That has never been true before why would it be true now?  New patch: new game.

Valmy

They really got to do something about super Taifas leading to super France.

Making super Seljuks and super Caliphates seems more likely to make it even more unlikely that the Crusades really get going, or playing anybody in that area besides a Byzantine vassal, than really checking Byzantium.

garbon

Why did Cornwall and Brittany get added to the Kingdom of Wales?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2012, 09:46:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on March 06, 2012, 09:29:23 AM

yes, or so I read

Lies.  That has never been true before why would it be true now?  New patch: new game.

I haven't seen anything bizarre in my game as England.  Last patch certainly didn't break it.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2012, 10:18:15 AM

I guess people felt it was too easy to form the Kingdom of Wales?  The problem is I think this means even if you own all of Wales you still cannot form it right?

But it makes no sense historically.  Those regions never were considered part of a singular realm...well ok Cornwall and Wales were back in the Saxon vs. Britons days but come on.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2012, 10:41:27 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2012, 10:18:15 AM

I guess people felt it was too easy to form the Kingdom of Wales?  The problem is I think this means even if you own all of Wales you still cannot form it right?

But it makes no sense historically.  Those regions never were considered part of a singular realm...well ok Cornwall and Wales were back in the Saxon vs. Britons days but come on.

Yeah that's why I asked as it makes no sense. Though how many provinces are there in Cornwall/Brittany? I know the former has 2 and the latter is 3 or 4? Depending on how many, you'd be just at 50% or one province short if you conquer all of Wales.

Certainly it was too easy to form Wales. Gwynedd can do it as soon as they've saved up enough cash/piety.

jimmy olsen

Started up a game as Navarra and immediately married Matilda of Toscana and married of my numerous brothers and sisters to the Royal Houses of England and the HRE. Got a claim on the county of Aragon within a year and conquered Zargoza.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2012, 10:53:18 AM
Started up a game as Navarra and immediately married Matilda of Toscana and married of my numerous brothers and sisters to the Royal Houses of England and the HRE. Got a claim on the county of Aragon within a year and conquered Zargoza.

Matilda is the new Agnes of Aquitaine of CK1 1066 fame I take it.