News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Crusader Kings 2 Redux

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2011, 08:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 03:53:42 PM
They could have rolled it into the price of the friggin game then. I'd have bought it.

They did - if you pre-order it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Darth Wagtaros

Yeah. Been a long time since I bought a Paradox title on release day.  Maybe this will be an exception.
PDH!

barkdreg

Seems like a good use for some of those blue points you get when buying stuff.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: barkdreg on January 30, 2012, 05:11:43 PM
Seems like a good use for some of those blue points you get when buying stuff.
BARK!!!!!!!!!!!! You live?!
PDH!

Josquius

DLCs?
Ugh :bleeding:
But...its the way things are blowing.
I might well pre-order. I want a physical version though, not a fakey. Wonder if thats possible in Japan...might have to get it sent to my home in the UK never to be seen until summer whilst I get a piratey version here.
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

Tyr is a pirate! Ban him on Paradox!
PDH!

Josquius

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 07:09:50 PM
Tyr is a pirate! Ban him on Paradox!
Happened long ago when I dared to moan of HOI's instability- which of course was trolling.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 03:05:29 PM
Yeah, but I ain't gonna support that crap.  A historical simulator about dynastic politics that makes you pay extra to get the coat of arms of the families you'd be playing as? 

That is retarded anyway family's didn't have coats of arms.  The Plantagenet King of England's Coat of Arms was exactly the same as the Tudor one.  If a Habsburg is King of France I want the Coat of Arms to be that of France not some historical Habsburg Arms.  I do not understand this feature.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on January 30, 2012, 07:38:13 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 03:05:29 PM
Yeah, but I ain't gonna support that crap.  A historical simulator about dynastic politics that makes you pay extra to get the coat of arms of the families you'd be playing as? 

That is retarded anyway family's didn't have coats of arms.  The Plantagenet King of England's Coat of Arms was exactly the same as the Tudor one.  If a Habsburg is King of France I want the Coat of Arms to be that of France not some historical Habsburg Arms.  I do not understand this feature.

From what I can tell it looks like it'll be some additional way of keeping track of the various dynasties. If you are king of France, the nation's CoA is still that of France not of the Anjous.

Different note - p'dox has said there won't be expansion packs for CK2 - just DLCs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

garbon

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 30, 2012, 08:30:25 PM
What's the diff?

Presumably lots of small bits rather than one whole component.  Not exactly sure how that would work though if one component introduces game changing elements. I guess that might not happen.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Siege

Fuck this shit. I hate DLCs.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Josquius

Would make sense if expansion packs were actually expansion packs but with paradox they tend to be more "We realised what we did wrong in the original version so now we're going to release a big patch" pack
██████
██████
██████