News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New EVE Online Thread

Started by MadBurgerMaker, March 16, 2011, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 13, 2011, 04:44:13 PMMy personal favorite is the "industrial espionage" entry toward the bottom.  One for 30 billion.

Somebody got paid.  Only 45,000 suspects.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 24, 2011, 10:57:09 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 13, 2011, 04:44:13 PMMy personal favorite is the "industrial espionage" entry toward the bottom.  One for 30 billion.

Oh hey I set your new corp blue.  Not that it matters for anything.

Alcibiades

12 billion for moon scanning huh?     :hmm:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on May 25, 2011, 05:46:55 AM
12 billion for moon scanning huh?     :hmm:

It's for recon work and/or finding moons useful to the alliance.  Things like that.  Lame, time consuming shit that doesn't really benefit the individual doing it in any way, but it's stuff the alliance needs, so...they pay members for it.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 25, 2011, 12:23:41 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 24, 2011, 10:57:09 PM

Oh hey I set your new corp blue.  Not that it matters for anything.

Heh, I was goofing around with the corp creator.  I'll start heading your way when I've finished my housekeeping in Masalle.

MadBurgerMaker

Orcas are pretty cool for moving shit around.  I've been puttering around running missions a few jumps away, and took 2 BCs, 3 cruisers, 4 or five frigates, a couple destroyers, and a mammoth, along with all the ammo and fittings needed plus minerals for ammo production.  7 of those ships are fitted and rigged and ready to go. 

Turns out I only need the Drakes because apparently there aren't any limits on what kinds of ships can run the missions, but w/e. 

MadBurgerMaker

Incarna is out, and seems to kinda suck so far.  The captains quarters themselves load slowly, are small, and really seem to be rather pointless.  Your dude walks slowly, looks bad, seems to get stuck on corners, and the chat windows sometimes get in the way.  Oh it also apparently is causing overheating problems with some people's computers.  Seemed okay on mine. 

CQ:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5dLsyE8Fvc&feature=player_embedded

If you turn it off, you don't go back to the old hangar view.  You just get a picture of a door.  No more ship spinning (also no more double click to open cargo, etc).  From this view, you also can't tell at a glance what ship you're actually in.  Seems like it would have been more useful/interesting if they at least had it show a static picture of the ship you're in.  Then again, the people who read devblogs and such have noted that the option to turn off the CQ is not going to be there after...uh...some future update or another.

The Maller (and the Sacrilege, I assume) has been changed, and looks pretty good.  It's what flies in and starts shooting on the log in screen now.   Oh, there's a new real money market now.  You, too, can pay like 1.4b isk, or ~$68 for the privilege of putting a dorky high tech monocle on your character (you buy PLEX, trade it in for Aurum, or whatever it's called, then buy new clothes for your dude). 

A GFX card capable of displaying Shader Model 3 is now required to play.

Edit: Oh uh...there might be a problem with the way bonuses are applied. 

CountDeMoney

I really wish they'd stop breaking this game.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 23, 2011, 06:20:13 AM
I really wish they'd stop breaking this game.

Here's a sweet bug that was found the hard way:  It seems cynojammers don't always work now.  Caps and supercaps can jump in just like normal as long as they do things in a certain way.

Must've been a nice surprise for the defenders to be having a battle against some subcaps, then suddenly a cyno pops and a shitload of supers drop in on top of an onlined and functioning jammer.  :lol:  CCP is repairing everything, saying it's an exploit, etc, but wow...

Edit:  My drones are behaving strangely in missions now as well.  Two or three of them will just stop fighting and come back and orbit my ship, leaving the other 2/3 shooting the target.   Oh and if you have a Devoter, the bubble works in lowsec now, according to a thread.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

I wonder how much the new agent rules will affect the datacore market.  I see that, in general, datacore values are in a slide across the board, though its way too early for RP inflation to affect the market.   :hmm:

MadBurgerMaker

:lmfao: There's total chaos in response to the leaked internal emails and memos.  Something like 1,000 players in Jita running conga lines and shooting some sort of structure there, with hundreds of shuttles on the undock to create lag  (and similar shit going on in other trade hubs).  I haven't been back by, but there are also now apparently bubbles on the undock, along with a Titan in Rens because of the bug dumbass CCP introduced probably when they changed turrets.  Either that or it has something to do with the Maller/Sac/Devoter model change. Either way, bubbles can be used everywhere, and if done in a certain way, cynos as well, which I guess means caps and supercaps can jump into highsec.  Don't know if the titan can DD people though.

Also, something like 3,500 accounts have been unsubbed, and there are wardecs going out against corps and alliances that are cool with the "micro"transactions, corps and alliances are kicking members who buy it, etc.  Good times.

Edit:

:hmm:  Don't see a cyno lit, so he either warped to the station and the cyno isn't visible in the overview, was sitting there for a while before the SS was taken, or there's some other explanation for it.  Dictor bubbles are a go everywhere for sure though.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on June 25, 2011, 08:15:51 PM
:lmfao: There's total chaos in response to the leaked internal emails and memos.  Something like 1,000 players in Jita running conga lines and shooting some sort of structure there, with hundreds of shuttles on the undock to create lag  (and similar shit going on in other trade hubs).  I haven't been back by, but there are also now apparently bubbles on the undock, along with a Titan in Rens because of the bug dumbass CCP introduced probably when they changed turrets.  Either that or it has something to do with the Maller/Sac/Devoter model change. Either way, bubbles can be used everywhere, and if done in a certain way, cynos as well, which I guess means caps and supercaps can jump into highsec.  Don't know if the titan can DD people though.

Also, something like 3,500 accounts have been unsubbed, and there are wardecs going out against corps and alliances that are cool with the "micro"transactions, corps and alliances are kicking members who buy it, etc.  Good times.

Edit: Rens picture[/img]

:hmm:  Don't see a cyno lit, so he either warped to the station and the cyno isn't visible in the overview, was sitting there for a while before the SS was taken, or there's some other explanation for it.  Dictor bubbles are a go everywhere for sure though.

Yeah, I bumbled into the Jita blockade without realizing what was going on. :P  I need to go back that way shortly, so I'll get a screenshot of the blob.

As an aside, how fucking dumb do you have to be to take a freighter with 11.5b in minerals anywhere near lowsec?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

CountDeMoney

I'm not logging on until they fix the shit they break after they try to fix the shit they just broke.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 25, 2011, 10:23:24 PM
I'm not logging on until they fix the shit they break after they try to fix the shit they just broke.

Hell man, it's CCP.  The fix for the shit they broke after fixing the shit they broke will just break some other shit.  Before you know it, it'll be time for the winter expansion, and people will be duping monocles and firing doomsdays into Jita through cynos.