News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New EVE Online Thread

Started by MadBurgerMaker, March 16, 2011, 10:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

I guess the other thread we had occasionally been using was lost in that....thing...that happened. 

Anyway, in EVE news, the silly CSM elections are going on.  Vote for The Mittani or Vile Rat, and if I win the contest we're having, I'll share some of the 10 billion isk prize (or the 5 or 2.5b for 2nd and 3rd...you can't have my Cynabal for being a runner up though).  As a bonus, neither of them seem to have utterly retarded ideas.

I also seem to have found a small-ish glitch that I'm never going to petition:  One of my characters suddenly has Amarr Freighter IV and Amarr Industrial V.  I never bought the freighter skill, and never trained the industrial to V on this one, because I was using the Orcas as my bigger haulers (and the Iteron V on the other character).  :ph34r:  I don't know how long it's been like that, but I just now noticed it while mining and watching basketball:

Well okay then.

Alcibiades

Nice.   :cool:

Mittens will probably win, so gimme iskies.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 17, 2011, 09:01:47 AM
Nice.   :cool:

Mittens will probably win, so gimme iskies.

There's some dude, who has some...uh...not very good...ideas, they're trying to keep from winning the chairman spot.  Doubt that'll happen, no matter how many times he freaks out like an idiot in various threads, or how terrible the ideas get.  He's the main/one of the main Empire dwelling candidates.  A lot of those people will vote for him no matter what (also because Mittani and Vile Rat are OMG GOOOONNNNNNN, and that's about where the thought process ends).

As for the iskies, I'm probably not going to win without some huge amount of luck.   I should probably start spamming Jita.

Alcibiades

Who do they not want to win?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 18, 2011, 05:55:24 PM
Who do they not want to win?

Uhhhhhhhhhh starts with a K, I think? 

Edit:  No oops...it's a T.  Trebor Daehdoow.  Dude who wants pinball doomsdays, titan jump portals sucking up surrounding ships randomly (including enemies) and sending them and the titan to the cyno, likes Dominion sov, wants to make it so you can only see the people nearest to you in a battle instead of the whole grid (he thinks that adding another check for the server to run will help lag).  Things like that.

Edit2:  More stuff: 
QuoteHe's argued for highly exploitable features in the game with seemingly no understanding of game mechanics (especially as a self-claimed game developer)

Front loading the client with packets that are 'decrypted' at a later time that supposedly would be 'unreadable'
Fix blobs my making it so that you can't see anyone but the ships right next to you because of 'warp core interference' - Also Here
Don't ban RMT bots, remove CONCORD protection for them!
Allow 'shrink wrap' for more than just courier contracts - while this may be beneficial to goons because of the scamming opportunities, it essentially would destroy the contract system overall since none could be trusted.

They've got links to the posts where he says this stuff, but :effort: and tbh I don't really care all that much.  It's not like CCP listens to the CSM anyway.  I just want the isk.

Alcibiades

Looks stupid.  Why are people afraid he will win?  Haven't heard any noise about him.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 18, 2011, 07:59:09 PM
Looks stupid.  Why are people afraid he will win?  Haven't heard any noise about him.

I think he's already been on the CSM once, so he's well known or something.  He's also giving away isk for votes.  Or it might just be because he stands out as a beacon of stupidity among the candidates, and they don't want to have to deal with him.  Maybe thinking it would be a repeat of what went on when that retard Jade Constantine was the chairman.

I dunno.

MadBurgerMaker

In my never ending quest for almost entirely passive income, I'm thinking about totally retooling my planetary mining operations to simply produce coolant on all of my planets, instead of extracting + producing water and electrolytes (on two different planets generally), then moving those products to my two factory planets (which I will either keep supplied with lowball buy orders from time to time or turn into robotics factories).   :hmm:  While the amount of effort would go down even more (from almost nothing as is heh), I wonder how well they'll actually be able to produce.  I have easy access to three storm planets, which are best for this, but otherwise it would have to be done on gas planets, which have some limitations.

As far as I can tell, it would be:

launchpad (to space and my wallet)
                                                                                                              ^
Extractors (aqueous liquids) -> basic processor (water) -> advanced processor (coolant) <- basic processor (electrolytes) <-extractors (ionic solutions)

There might be some sort of backup/lost materials somewhere, it really seems like there will be, but I'm too stupid to see where it would be right now. 

Hmm.  I guess I'll have to go with a test planet or two and see wtf.  The problem is, the test planet would be one of the storms, and those are some of my best mineral producers.  I supposed I could cover with more regular buy orders, but that actually involves hauling and shit and that sucks.  Theoretically, I could simply set these things to run for about a week and just ignore them while they produce coolant for my vast space empire. 

The gas planets are a problem because they require more CPU and/or power for everything they use, but unless I can find another nice quiet system near a bunch of them, three storm planets is the best I'm going to be able to do.

I'm not entirely sure why I even bother anymore.  It's not like I have anything to spend the isk on anyway.  I'm just hoarding money at this point.

Edit:  Okay I figured out where the wasted materials will occur.  The basic processors take 30 minutes to produce 50% of what the advanced processor needs.  The AP takes 1 hour to make the coolant.  So while it's making the coolant, the two cycles of the BPs get wasted unless they're routed to a storage facility (I just sent them to the launchpad for temp storage).  Derp.

MadBurgerMaker

Ah, the CSM results are....favorable:

The Mittani 5365
Seleene 3813
UAxDEATH 3320
Trebor Daehdoow 3306
Killer2 2925
White Tree 2539
Vile Rat 2240
Meissa Anunthiel 2086
Draco Llasa 1986

It's a pretty 0.0 heavy group that CCP will be ignoring this time around.

Alcibiades

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 28, 2011, 07:20:26 PM
You win my money?

I won't win shit, which means your 50 isk will never be arriving.  :(   There were people submitting zip files because they had so many convos.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Yeah I read that yesterday.  You play habbs?

MadBurgerMaker

Huh.  My bullshit alt corp is over a year old now (well...this happened a couple months ago, it seems).  I should have posted a mooky CAOD thread. 

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to park an alt somewhere below the radar with no tax rate and that kind of shit, shoot me an eve mail or PM or something.

CountDeMoney

My ACH withdrawal on my bank statement reminded me that, yes, I really should be playing this game.