Main Menu

School bully gets what he deserves

Started by Valdemar, March 15, 2011, 06:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Slargos on March 16, 2011, 04:08:32 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:56:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2011, 03:55:03 PM
The few whites on the forum are constantly bullying the brown masses.

:hmm:  Are Southerners whites?

If Caliga is any measure...  :hmm:

And by "..." I mean "no".

Caliga's pretty white, but I'm Hispanic.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on March 16, 2011, 03:56:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 16, 2011, 03:55:03 PM
The few whites on the forum are constantly bullying the brown masses.

:hmm:  Are Southerners whites?
Despite what some racists think, no race is perfect.  :(

Jacob

Quote from: grumbler on March 16, 2011, 02:25:30 PMThis is called "cliquishness" in the US, as far as I know, and isn't considered at all the equivalent of bullying.  It is considered fairly normal in Middle School, though certainly actively discouraged. It isn't clear to me how prevalent it remains in big US high schools; reports I hear from students differ on the subject.

It's a different thing than cliques, I think, at least as I understand them. It's about picking on one person very intently, not about different social groups disliking each other.

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2011, 05:18:23 AM
Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2011, 04:01:19 AM
That's a stupid mantra.  Public humiliation that all your immature peers know about is nothing to scoff at, I'll take a couple of broken non-critical bones over that.

Public humiliation is only as painful as you let it be.

It only matters if you give a shit what other people think.  Most languishites would be immune.

Seriously, I got bullied some in school.  Taunting or trying to embarass me never bothered me a much, 'cause I really don't much care what people think of me.  To be honest, physical attacks never bothered me that much, either, because I always felt I could take care of myself if I needed to.  What really bothered me was when someone tried to steal or vandalize my stuff.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2011, 04:30:49 PM
Caliga is extremely white.  However, that'll change soon enough once Caliga starts taking his boat out and going fishing. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Not caring what other people think is fine if you're a Unabomber.  For those who have a desire for social life, though, being made an outcast can be quite damaging.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2011, 07:52:33 PM
Not caring what other people think is fine if you're a Unabomber. 
How would you know this...unless you yourself are the Unabomber! :o
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

DGuller, shame on you for framing that poor Mr. Kaczynski.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2011, 07:52:33 PM
Not caring what other people think is fine if you're a Unabomber.  For those who have a desire for social life, though, being made an outcast can be quite damaging.

Eh, you get used to it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Rasputin

Quote from: Caliga on March 16, 2011, 07:05:38 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2011, 04:30:49 PM
Caliga is extremely white.  However, that'll change soon enough once Caliga starts taking his boat out and going fishing. :cool:

:thumbsup:
Who is John Galt?

Drakken

Quote from: Jacob on March 16, 2011, 06:20:26 PM

It's a different thing than cliques, I think, at least as I understand them. It's about picking on one person very intently, not about different social groups disliking each other.

It's all about dominance and submission play, but here totally non-consensual. The bully picks on the target because it cannot or is unwilling to stand his ground and retaliate, or lacks the social savyyness to make a network to support him. He is weak, the bully feels the fear, and with each picking on it confirms more and and more his dominance not only in the bullied's eyes, but also the peers.

The problem is, most times the target is encouraged not to defend himself or to find support in numbers through friends. Rather he is taught to be self-conscious about the others' - even the bully's - feelings. Alas, both family and school structures are badly, badly, badly equiped to deal with bullying.

grumbler

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on March 16, 2011, 02:54:56 PM
But in fact, I have witnessed mild verbal bullying before at my first 'real job' after graduation.  Nothing too egregious, just some rather condescending language. For example, one of my colleagues called the victim "an odd little man" to his face for no reason in particular.
Kinda what I expected - what we have here is a different use of the word "bullying" from what I understand it to mean. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Drakken

Being condescending isn't bullying, it's simply displaying a higher status. People do it all the time.

Bullying is harassing someone to make his life miserable because he is lower status, either to feel good about oneself or for the lulz.

The Brain

Who asked for the seduction community's view?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Drakken

Quote from: The Brain on March 17, 2011, 10:30:22 AM
Who asked for the seduction community's view?

Din mor. She just asked me. *puffs from his pipe* :cool: