News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

March Madness

Started by Admiral Yi, March 13, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: katmai on March 25, 2011, 12:25:31 AM
Now as a personal favor they need to knock off those other Huskies on Saturday.
:ultra:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

WTH is UCONN doing in West?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2011, 11:02:23 PM
"Arizona physically and mentally abused Duke".

That was worth a broken bracket.

Berkut

This

leads to

My man love for Charles Barkley just continues to grow.

AT half time, three of the four analysts are sitting there gushing about how swell Duke is, how Arizona cannot handle their experience and poise and blahblahblah. Charles just sits there, and when they get to him..."Arizona is going to win this game."

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2011, 05:57:57 AM
WTH is UCONN doing in West?
They move teams around geographically to balance the brackets.

Grey Fox

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 25, 2011, 06:23:03 AM
Quote from: Berkut on March 24, 2011, 11:02:23 PM
"Arizona physically and mentally abused Duke".

That was worth a broken bracket.

Yep.  At first it felt like I was paying $20 just to have Duke lose, then I realized that's actually money well spent.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2011, 10:17:29 AM
NCAA is crazy.
How so?  You don't want all the best teams crammed into one bracket.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

NCAA is crazy.

I think you do not really understand the region brackets.  They are where the games are played not where the teams are from.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2011, 10:25:45 AM
NCAA is crazy.

Then don't call them regional finals & don't name the brackets with regional names.

Because nothing it does has face value sense. You always have to dig deeper on everything. When it's not Bball, it's the craziness that is the BCS & BFS, Title 9 intepretation, Hockey status as sport.

Everything is complicated.

The Minsky Moment

The regions refer to where the games are played.

The NCAA usually makes some effort to put the 1 seeds in the region near their location so that the favorite can play a regional final relatively locally, but their main concern is balancing the brackets, as it should be. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

dps

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 25, 2011, 10:50:31 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 25, 2011, 10:25:45 AM
NCAA is crazy.

Then don't call them regional finals & don't name the brackets with regional names.

Because nothing it does has face value sense. You always have to dig deeper on everything. When it's not Bball, it's the craziness that is the BCS & BFS, Title 9 intepretation, Hockey status as sport.

Everything is complicated.

I tend to agree that it would make more sense if they didn't name the regions geographically when they're not geographicall based, but it's hardly a big deal.

As for the rest of your post, well, we've discussed the BCS here a lot already, I don't know what BFS is, Title 9 is federal law that the NCAA doesn't really have much to do with, and I'm not familiar with any controvery involving hockey's status as a sport.

jimmy olsen

Is there any particular reason why the College shot clock is longer than the pros?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

So only one numbah one can make it to FF.

And DIAF Timmay
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son