Fuck you, Dora the Explorer. Ed's Playa Hater thread

Started by Ed Anger, March 12, 2011, 04:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

The oldest twins are speaking to me in Spanish. Goddamn multilingual bullshit.

Looney Tunes never ruined my generation with that bullshit. I knew I should have blocked Nickelodeon and its communist bullshit.

ITS THE MAP!

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Teach them a real language. Like German. Or Klingon.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Whole sentences or just a word at a time?

Are they the really spooky kind of movie twins that speak in unison?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2011, 04:32:28 PM
Whole sentences or just a word at a time?

Are they the really spooky kind of movie twins that speak in unison?

Words, and the occasional phrases.

And yes, they do the weird twin stuff. I think they can control objects with their minds.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tyr on March 12, 2011, 04:30:48 PM
Teach them a real language. Like German. Or Klingon.

Same thing.

Ed Anger

And what the fuck is with Boots? Is he fucking Dora? What about that fucking retard bull Benny? Why hasn't he been turned into hamburgers?

Also, who controls that creepy arrow that follows her around? Pedobear?

Admiral Yi

Do they speak Spanish to you because they think it's all one language or because they're trying to fuck with your brain?

derspiess

On the flip side, my Puerto Rican babysitter's two kids are growing up refusing to speak a word of Span(gl)ish.  She tried to force them to watch Spanish-language versions of their favorite channels but they apparently refused :lol:

For whatever reason, Tommy won't speak to my wife in Spanish, but I can get him to do it.  He understands everything, but prefers to speak English.

Dora & Diego dropped out of Tommy's rotation a while back.  I wasn't a huge fan of it.  Now if I could just get him to stop watching Max & Ruby obsessively.  Damned canucklehead programming...
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 12, 2011, 04:57:24 PM
Do they speak Spanish to you because they think it's all one language or because they're trying to fuck with your brain?

I think at this age kids know it's a different language, so it's obviously the latter.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2011, 05:24:17 PM

Dora & Diego dropped out of Tommy's rotation a while back.  I wasn't a huge fan of it.  Now if I could just get him to stop watching Max & Ruby obsessively.  Damned canucklehead programming...

Max is a retard. Ruby should smother him.

Barrister

Oh what I have to look forward to. :(
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Barrister on March 12, 2011, 06:44:58 PM
Oh what I have to look forward to. :(

That multicultural crap that comes out of Canada should be considered a war crime. At least you missed the Bob the Builder English shit and the Icelandic Lazy Town.

Ed Anger

And this shows how fucking bored I am. Raging against children's TV.

Barrister

I have to shovel out approx 10 cubic yards of snow today to get at my trailer for the move.

I hurt.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

What's horrible about a kid learning bits and pieces of a second language?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)