Japan hit by 8.9 quake and following tsunami

Started by Pedrito, March 11, 2011, 03:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

That doesn't mean you can't try create some hysteria.

Example from free tabloid "Heute": "How dangerous is the Atomic Cloud for Austria?" Conclusion: "No reason to panic, but if several factors should align unfavorably, then ...."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Pedrito

One of the few good things made by Berlusconi's government has been a new commitment to build nuclear plants in Italy, but I fear this incident will give fresh arguments to the naysayers again  :(

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Brazen

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 14, 2011, 03:23:24 AM
Holy Shit
I've seen that first one a couple of times on the Beeb. There's cars driving along the road in the background just as the wave hits, and the camera turns away just before it reaches them :(

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Amazing that a volcano that has lain dormant for several weeks suddenly erupts.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Brazen

Quote from: The Brain on March 14, 2011, 04:39:29 AM
Amazing that a volcano that has lain dormant for several weeks suddenly erupts.
To be fair, it hadn't erupted for two years until January, and the most recent eruption is the biggest in 52 years, so it could easily be linked to the before and after effects of the earthquake around the Pacific Ring of Fire.

Josquius

I remember the volcano going off the first time a few weeks back, nobody hurt.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2011, 01:07:30 AM
Austrian media are following the developments in the nuclear plants closely. They're not actually going :nelson: , but I feel there's a certain smugness about the coverage and the local experts that seems to say, "And that's why we don't have nuclear power plants. We always said they're too dangerous. Here you have it."

Enjoy that skin cancer from lack of an ozone layer then.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2011, 01:23:48 AMExample from free tabloid "Heute": "How dangerous is the Atomic Cloud for Austria?" Conclusion: "No reason to panic, but if several factors should align unfavorably, then ...."

Austrians don't like any clouds that don't have Jewish ashes in them.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on March 14, 2011, 01:29:58 AM
Austrians. :rolleyes:
They'll get theirs when the Caliphate makes them serfs and takes their girl-children as girl-concubines.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Sahib

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2011, 01:07:30 AM
Austrian media are following the developments in the nuclear plants closely. They're not actually going :nelson: , but I feel there's a certain smugness about the coverage and the local experts that seems to say, "And that's why we don't have nuclear power plants. We always said they're too dangerous. Here you have it."

There was a debate on Polish tv between pro-nuclear and anti-nuclear energy academics. It ended with the anti-nuclear guy questioning the pro-nuclear guy scientific qualifications and calling him a peasant.
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!