News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2011

Started by Brazen, March 09, 2011, 06:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on April 09, 2011, 05:17:11 PM
Due to vegetarianism yet a dislike of many vegetables, my major source of protein is Reese's cups.

I spent my time as a vegetarian eating salads, tofu, fries and soft-serve ice cream. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Just came back from the St. Louis Half-Marathon. 1 hour 55 minutes.  :cool:

I'm gonna hurt tomorrow at work though.......
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Norgy

I am in better shape than five years ago. Which is good, when you hit 35.

Still not completely happy about my weight, but I doubt I will ever be.

jamesww

I'm having a rest day, I've done 150miles this week and my body tells me thats enough/too much. :oldage:

Darth Wagtaros

I'm doing some Yoga and some aerobics and a bit of weight training.  More walking.
PDH!

jamesww

Ops, things have slipped a bit, I've managed to do a bit over 350 miles on the bike so far this month, a lot of it is off road, so not too bad.

merithyn

Max and I are doing the half-marathon on Saturday.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

katmai

I spent 10 days on the road trying out the best Biscuits and Gravy in Alaskan restaurants and Diners :lol:

Otherwise doing well as been walking/running couple miles a day and now with spring in full effect here in Anchorage breaking out the bike for summer, and plan to hit surrounding mountains for hiking.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

How did you and Max do in the half Mara, Meri? :)

Just checked out FunkMonk's time which was awesome, sorry I missed it at the time.

Up to running 40 minute on my couch to 10K programme, but haven't actually entered any 10K yet! I have a 15K night hike, a 5K charity race and an adventure race involving running, cycling and kayaking lined up over the next couple of months, then a half mara in October.

I'm also using an online tool to track calories in and out. I've lost 11lbs so far and I'm fitting back into summer clothes that I couldn't wear last year :) Only about another 30lbs to go :bleeding:

Eddie Teach

I fucked up my back and haven't worked out in a week.  <_<
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Brazen on April 26, 2011, 03:54:31 AM
How did you and Max do in the half Mara, Meri? :)

It's this Saturday. Given that I'm still recovering from the car accident, I really have no idea how I'll do. I wasn't doing great training for it before, so I'm sure it'll suck. Max is in far better shape than I am, but he usually sticks with me to help me get through it.

I'll let you know once the scores are up.  :ph34r:

merithyn

Race starts in T minus one hour.  :ph34r:

One of these days, I'm actually going to train for these things...

Martinus

So I just finished my fourth session with the personal trainer. I definitely do harder stuff than I'd do on my own. He is pushing me hard. :ph34r:

Lucidor

Did 13-14 km or something like that in the forest today. Weather was absolutely lovely. I feel like I'm early this year in getting into shape. Usually I don't feel this strong and fit until around June already.

My goal for the season is 2.45 or better at Lidingöloppet, a 30 km cross country race. I'll make sure I get to the finish line early, though, because crowding is a b***h. May do a 10 km race next weekend for fun.

Does anyone have any opinions on a good programme for the upper body? I have an indoor pool near here, but the gym is expensive there, and I dislike going places to work out, so I'd like at-home exercises best. I look like a stick with legs, basically.

merithyn

I'm tired. My body hurts. My feet have blisters. But damnit, I did it... and in the time I wanted, too.

Unofficial time: 3:22

13.1 miles is a LONG fucking way