And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 05, 2012, 01:38:55 PM
The LOLs stop when a LB recruit decommits over fathead perv.  :lol: 

It was over more than that, but the perv was definitely the tipping point.

OSU is going to lose Bosa, as well, I think.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 05, 2012, 02:12:36 AM
The most unfair part of the BCS bowls is that they're never north. They're always in the SPF 50 towns. It's unfair to teams like Ohio State and Notre Dame, teams that are built for the snow and the wind and the 4-yard nose-bending gain, to always have to go south to win titles. So we fix that right now.

Therefore, 1 and 2 will play at their home stadiums in the semis.

Oh shit that's great.

Texas has a temperature controlled practice dome so when they were going to go up to play Nebraska they would be ready having practiced in close to freezing temperatures all week.  Texas even beat them in the snow in 2006.  But I have to admit going into Ann Arbor in December to play a #1 or #2 Michigan team would be a pretty scary for any southern team.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Just wait till Wyoming gets the NC game.  January in Laramie.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2012, 03:19:45 PM
But I have to admit going into Ann Arbor in December to play a #1 or #2 Michigan team would be a pretty scary for any southern team.

:lol:  Ann Arbor isn't some sort of insane arctic nightmare in December/January.  I mean, I joke with my wife and call it a terrible frozen wasteland and all that, but Michigan isn't really that bad at all.

E:  Oh yeah, the Big 12 officially has a new commissioner.  Bowlsby, former Stanford AD.

stjaba

Quote from: Valmy on May 05, 2012, 03:19:45 PM

Texas has a temperature controlled practice dome so when they were going to go up to play Nebraska they would be ready having practiced in close to freezing temperatures all week.  Texas even beat them in the snow in 2006.  But I have to admit going into Ann Arbor in December to play a #1 or #2 Michigan team would be a pretty scary for any southern team.

While I think weather is a factor, the website I linked to earlier explained that one of the biggest components of home field advantage in college football is the relative remoteness of the college. Adjusting for strength of schedule, schools like Boise State and Hawaii had the highest home field advantage.

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy, you see this from Shaggybevo?

(Craig James Killed 5 Hookers)

:D

Valmy

I knew there was at least one more dead hooker in there  :lol:

Mike Leach knows about internet memes :wub:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on May 08, 2012, 10:30:32 PM
Mike Leach knows about internet memes :wub:

And to think, the Terps passed him over.  :(

katmai

Have to wait and see what he can do with Wazzu.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Serious deja vu there ed....
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 09, 2012, 06:45:32 PM
Serious deja vu there ed....

IT WAS A DIFFERENT MESSAGE YOU BEANER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Out of the blue CBS is reporting Florida State may bolt for the Big 12.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/05/08/fsu-and-the-big-xii/

Obviously the Big 12 would eagerly take somebody like FSU regardless of how absurd that is geographically but...um...WTF?  Is lemonjello around to comment?

Oh and here is the text:
QuoteTALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami) – The wheels of conference realignment may not be finished spinning. Rumors continue to percolate to the top that the Big XII may have its eyes on a very big prize, the Florida State Seminoles.

The Big XII is looking up after two straight years of defections and a near complete collapse of the conference. Monday, the Big XII agreed to terms of a new TV deal with ESPN and Fox worth a combined $2.6 billion through 2025.

That works out to a yearly average of $20 million per year for each of the school's members, according to CBSSports.com. It also reestablished the league in the upper echelon of college football with the Pac-12, SEC, and Big Ten.

Currently, the Big XII has the following members: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, and West Virginia. The Big XII wants to get back to 12 members to be able to hold a lucrative championship game again soon.

That's where Florida State could possibly come into play.

The Seminoles have been members of the ACC for more than a decade and remain the only ACC school to appear in the BCS National Championship game. While Florida State won't replace the academic prestige that left with Missouri, it would give the Big XII something much more lucrative.

FSU would open up the fertile recruiting grounds of Florida to the conference, but more importantly, it would open the Tampa, Orlando, and Miami television markets to the conference, which would greatly extend the conference's reach and boost television revenue.

FSU would play under a much more lucrative contract in the Big XII than what the ACC has to offer. Plus, if the divisions in the Big XII were reestablished, it's possible the Seminoles could replace Missouri in the Big XII North, which would almost guarantee them a path to the championship game every year.

The Big XII was looking at expansion once the deal was cut with the new TV contract. The other school expected to be on the Big XII radar is Louisville. The Cardinals have been rumored to be interested in the Big XII for months, but so far nothing official has come out.

If the Big XII Conference were to expand and add FSU and Louisville to the conference, the divisions could look something like this: Big XII North – FSU, Louisville, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia; Big XII South – Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

Time will tell if the Big XII will come knocking on the door in Tallahassee, but it will expand, the only question is who will the two lucky teams be to hit the jackpot with the new television money?

MadBurgerMaker

The rumor involving FSU tends to also include Clemson.  Mildly interesting that they left that out, but did mention the one involving Louisville.