News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

About to be stopped for a small loss?  Obviously, the solution is to run 30 yards backwards then get tackled.

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Weaselly call in the Sugar Bowl on that VT touchdown in OT. They couldn't figure out if he landed in bounds or not so decided he bobbled it.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Well, Rich Rod got the DC he wanted - Casteel is leaving West Virginia for Arizona.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 04, 2012, 12:00:52 AM
Weaselly call in the Sugar Bowl on that VT touchdown in OT. They couldn't figure out if he landed in bounds or not so decided he bobbled it.  :lol:

They deserved what they got, after going for that fake punt.  Even when Michigan kept their regular defense in, knowing it was going to be a fake.  4th and 1 is a bitch from 15 yards away.  Beamer Hubris was their undoing.

Fuck 'em.  Good job, Blue.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on January 04, 2012, 01:39:24 AM
Well, Rich Rod got the DC he wanted - Casteel is leaving West Virginia for Arizona.
That should prove interesting.  The 3-3-5 in the Pac 12 has a chance of working.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Maybe the Big 10 should get a tie in to the Sugar Bowl, they seem to be doing well there.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Okay.  The Orange Bowl has been really fun to watch so far.

MadBurgerMaker

Well now it's becoming a blowout.  Clemson needs to get their shit together.

I'm mildly disappointed WVU didn't go for two at the end there, just to make it a nice, even 50 in the half.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: grumbler on January 04, 2012, 08:49:44 AMThat should prove interesting.  The 3-3-5 in the Pac 12 has a chance of working.

I remember Notre Dame using it pretty effectively against everyone when they won the NC in '88.

But realistically Casteel is a joke, I couldn't believe Rodriguez wanted to bring him to Michigan, WVU never had a very good defense under Rodriguez. I also think their good defensive rankings the two years prior to the present were a function of West Virginia's Big East schedule being even easier than normal.

Not saying Casteel is god awful or just surprised Rodriguez, who has never had a good defense as a HC, didn't look for a more traditional DC with a decent track record. I mean I know it's Arizona but I have to think he could have found someone.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on January 04, 2012, 01:39:24 AM

Was that just recently made official?  I remember my brother telling me about it several weeks ago. 

Anyway, I agree with Otto & frankly won't miss Casteel too much.  He produced some great defensive players, but not so great defenses.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

OttoVonBismarck

I think the ACC sending two teams to BCS bowls is made especially egregious by this.

OttoVonBismarck

I wonder if Holgorsen will slow the offense down or keep scoring? Not sure what the etiquette is in a bowl game.