News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 10:07:14 AM
BYU, San Diego State (a real football power there), and Boise will make up the core of the Big East (west).  Just my opinion, Boise's only real problem has been finding a place for all the other, non-important sports.

LOL

BYU said no to the Big East.  Or at least 'I have a headache, call back tommorow'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:08:31 AM
Cincinnati's at least close by to West Virginia and Louisville.

They are also a commuter school with a smallish and apathetic fanbase.  Urban schools tend to be bad for College Football, even TCU can struggle to fill its stadium.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

PDH

Yeah, BYU wants to keep its own TV network AND get a bigger piece of the pie in a conference.  Good luck there  :)

I really do think that Boise will jump if they get a football only partner from the west to go along - and it looks like that lapdog is San Diego State...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 10:10:29 AM
Yeah, BYU wants to keep its own TV network AND get a bigger piece of the pie in a conference.  Good luck there  :)

Yeah they tried to strongarm the Big 12 as well.  They are the most delusional school in all of sports.  They think they are Notre Dame and USC combined or something.

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 10:10:29 AM
I really do think that Boise will jump if they get a football only partner from the west to go along - and it looks like that lapdog is San Diego State...

Yeah um...the intense rivalry between the close rivals in Boise and San Diego burns ever brightly.

PDH

San Diego operates under a huge inferiority complex as it is only an "SU" in California.  They so want to stop eating at the kids table.  Boise is just sure that they are a team of destiny (despite not having a place kicker...ever), and will lead on the delusional if it helps their journey to the promised land.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

San Diego does have a pretty cool team name though, I'll give them that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I liked this quote from the Texas Tribune from a Texas Politician about whether the State Government will pass a law requiring Texas and Texas A&M to play each other:

QuoteI couldn't imagine a less important issue to occupy our time. So, of course, that means we'll blow weeks and weeks on it.

Sad but true :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2011, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:08:31 AM
Cincinnati's at least close by to West Virginia and Louisville.

They are also a commuter school with a smallish and apathetic fanbase.  Urban schools tend to be bad for College Football, even TCU can struggle to fill its stadium.

I don't even think they reach the lofty heights of 'apathetic'.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:54:12 AM
Oh, TCU?  Ask Utah how that move to a power conference went.

Utah is going to a bowl game, and in a couple years will be rolling around in piles of cash they could only dream about a year ago.

I am pretty sure their answer would be "Just fine, thanks for asking!"
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2011, 12:17:53 PM
tah is going to a bowl game, and in a couple years will be rolling around in piles of cash they could only dream about a year ago.

PAC 12 homer
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:40:33 AM
San Diego does have a pretty cool team name though, I'll give them that.

Racist.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on December 05, 2011, 12:43:12 PM
Playoffs. :weep: :(

I am with you here.

But not like in the Maritimes Canadian College Football thing where the last place team gets into the playoffs :P

Berkut

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 12:34:11 PM
Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2011, 12:17:53 PM
tah is going to a bowl game, and in a couple years will be rolling around in piles of cash they could only dream about a year ago.

PAC 12 homer

Yeah, only a homer could think an extra $20 million/year would not suck.

If anyone is having second thoughts about Utah to the Pac-12, it is the Pac-12...not Utah.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned