News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:39:28 AM
Oh well, on the bright side, it is the last year (likely) that the Mountain West will have two top 20 teams at the end of the season!  Bye bye, TCU...bye bye Boise!

TCU changes conferences more often then Oregon changes uniforms.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

TCU is not gonna be top dawg in the Big Texas Conference...hell, they only beat Wyoming by 11.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:44:06 AM
TCU is not gonna be top dawg in the Big Texas Conference...hell, they only beat Wyoming by 11.

Oklahoma will not let Texas turn it into the Big Texas though.  The condition for bringing in TCU was 'no more Texas teams'.  That's ok I never liked the University of Houston or SMU much anyway.  So instead we got West Virginia, it helps the Okies feel sophisticated.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2011, 09:46:13 AM
Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:44:06 AM

Oklahoma will not let Texas turn it into the Big Texas though.  The condition for bringing in TCU was 'no more Texas teams'.  That's ok I never liked the University of Houston or SMU much anyway.  So instead we got West Virginia, it helps the Okies feel sophisticated.
You guys gonna take Louisville and Cincinnati? They're pretty desperate to bail ship on the Big East.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

I would love it if the Big East collapses just as Boise joins...serves them right.  Oh, TCU?  Ask Utah how that move to a power conference went.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 09:50:40 AM
You guys gonna take Louisville and Cincinnati? They're pretty desperate to bail ship on the Big East.

For all of Valmy's influence in the high-stakes world of college football, I do not think he is one of the guys making that decision.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

If it were not the TV networks basically telling them not to destroy the Big East the Big 12 would have taken Louisville already.  I still think they will within the next couple years and Louisville seems to be telling their recruits they are going to be in the Big 12 soon.

As for Cincinnati I do not know.  The Big 12 is one of the conferences trying to lure Notre Dame so I think there is a bit of a wait and see on anybody who is not Louisville.  They can offer ND total control over alot of their TV content which the ACC and Big 10 cannot and I think the league thinks that might be a winning play.  But obviously it would be silly for other reasons.

So anyway almost positive on Louisville, as positive as one can be about this crazy re-alignment stuff.

I have to say though watching a 10 team conference with a round robin schedule has been great and when/if they go back to 12 I will miss it.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:54:12 AM
I would love it if the Big East collapses just as Boise joins...serves them right.  Oh, TCU?  Ask Utah how that move to a power conference went.
TCU still has the coach that made them great though, that counts for a lot doesn't it?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2011, 09:58:48 AM

If it were not the TV networks basically telling them not to destroy the Big East the Big 12 would have taken Louisville already.  I still think they will within the next couple years and Louisville seems to be telling their recruits they were going to be in the Big 12 soon.

As for Cincinnati I do not know.  The Big 12 is one of the conferences trying to lure Notre Dame so I think there is a bit of a wait and see on anybody who is not Louisville.  They can offer ND total control over alot of their TV content which the ACC and Big 10 cannot and I think the league thinks that might be a winning play.  But obviously it would be silly for other reasons.

So anyway almost positive on Louisville, as positive as one can be about this crazy re-alignment stuff.

Well, I don't think Notre Dame will join, so if not Cincinnati then who would be the 12th team?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:01:40 AM
Well, I don't think Notre Dame will join, so if not Cincinnati then who would be the 12th team?

I do not think so either.  Supposedly ND will let them know soon though.  But BYU is another candidate.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2011, 10:05:39 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:01:40 AM

I do not think so either.  Supposedly ND will let them know soon though.  But BYU is another candidate.
Wouldn't Cincinnati make more sense travel wise?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on December 05, 2011, 09:54:12 AM

Did Boise say yes to the Big Least?  I was under the impression that whole thing was still up in the air.

PDH

BYU, San Diego State (a real football power there), and Boise will make up the core of the Big East (west).  Just my opinion, Boise's only real problem has been finding a place for all the other, non-important sports.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:06:33 AM

They both seem equally bad in that sense.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on December 05, 2011, 10:07:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 05, 2011, 10:06:33 AM
They both seem equally bad in that sense.
Cincinnati's at least close by to West Virginia and Louisville.

1 Karma Chameleon point